stevie v natwest

iamstevieheath
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I will start from the beginning so you know i am up to. I sent my prelim letter off to Natwest and i received no reply after 14 days, so i then sent my letter before action along with a list of charges and i had a letter saying we are sorry that you aren't happy with the service we provide blah blah the usual!!

I then went onto money claim online and started proceedings with them. This was on 2nd March and it was then acknowledged on the 13th March. I received a letter from the court saying that Natwest intend to defend all of this claim. I then heard nothing until this morning where i received the defence from Cobbetts stating that the defendant has not received the copy of my charges and that i am asked to provide a response to this request in accordance with CPR part 18 by 13th April. I am now out of my depth and do not know how to handle this, help!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Stevie

Nothing to worry about you have probably recieved all there standard defence, your cpr18 request is a request so you dont have to answer any questions on that if you are going through the small claim track,read through lots of threads and that will set your mind at rest, we have all recieved a variation of these letters from cobbetts have aread through this then post any questions u have

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/35672-cobbetts-cpr-18-request.html

don' t panic

scott

thanks scott i will write them a letter and enclose another schedule.

good luck

all your answers are in the treads & stickies read read read then u will understand the process, look for letter templates as they have all been used successfully any help required don't be afraid to ask....

go get your money stevie

regards scott

Hi there Iamstevie, good morning to you. And I picked up your comments on my thread so heres a reply to those....... Well Cobbetts at their usual Cobblers I see. When you started claim with Nasty West did you:

a) Send them copy of your spreadsheet with all detailed breakdown of charge on

b) when you filed at on MCOL did you remember to send copy of spreadsheet to court by post to be clipped to your claim file

c) when you received Cobblers Notice of Acknowledgement with ticked box saying they were going to defend, did you then send further copy of spreadsheet breakdown to them.

ALL BY RECORDED DELIVERY PLEASE. If not, then send them again, now, by recorded delivery and keep the proof you sent them and when they were sent. Its just Cobbetts trying it on again.

And No to date I have not received anything further in way of defence from the Giant Black B*m Hole of the universe cobblers. My file must be lost somewhere up their GIANT B*M HOLE OF A UNIVERSE OFFICE. I just believe now they are drowning in paper. I can wish huh......... !!! So sadly, nothing to report on here today peeps.

good morning everyone. a quick thanks to fendy and scott i was close to giving up yesterday you have put my mind at rest.have got my letters ready for recorded delivery tomorow.at the moment my case is been dealt with by northampton county court will it get referred to my local court because northampton is a long way from here

• 2 weeks later...

You have to decide now. Is it 735 pounds lost or 1,065 pounds gained?

I know some people who have been happy to accept a partial offer and it has usually resulted in a quick settlement. The majority of these were not with the Nat West though, so things may differ.

How important is that extra 735 quid? If you really need it and can afford to wait a little longer, then hold out for the lot. If not, you can have a nice little lift of over a grand.

Like I said, only you know your particular circumstances, so only you can decide.

I have just read this back and now realise that this will probably be of no use whatsoever to you, sorry, but at least I tried.:razz:

hi everyone i have received an offer today for £1065 but i am claiming for 1800 should i take this or hold on for more?

hi stevie

great news

i personally would accept it as a partial payment and tell them you will continue with your claim for the rest,they will probably increase the offer to the full amount quite quickly (by offering u the part payment they are in effect saying that your claim is valid)

hold out for the full amount as it is a big difference.....

good luck whichever direction u take

scott

cheers lads, rutilus i think your right mate scott seems to have the answer i will ring them tomorow but whatever hapens i have a grand off the ba*****s another victory for the hard working public. think i will teach the credit card companys a lesson next and they will be BIG claims

Ignore everything I said and listen to this fella.

scott150663 seems to offer much more definitive advice than I do.:smile:

I shall remember this scott, in the hope that it may be useful to me in the future, cheers.

lol

your comments are also very true & valid and u r correct that everyones circumstances are totally different,my thinking is that to get £735 in your pocket you would have to earn close to £1300 b4 tax etc so hold out for a while and you will get the money.....

regards & good luck to you both

Scott