16 day money back. Help !!!

CG7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, My daughter bought a ring for me, for mothers day last week ( I chose it) when we got it outside it looked very dull, so 2 days later we went back into the store to get the money back and they said they didn't do refunds, so I picked out another one , but they didn't have it in my size, so again I picked another which i didn't really like as much, but I was feeling under a lot of pressure by this time, so i took the ring. but I am not happy with it. it says on the bottom of the receipt, exchange within 16 days guarantee, but being as i have exchanged it once, will this still apply to this ring (bought it on thursday of this week). will they give me a credit note do you think. and why can't i have my money back.:confused:

Kind Regards,

cg

If there's nothing wrong with the ring, they're under no legal obligation to do anything for you. If they have offered a 16 day exchange promise, then this is a goodwill gesture and over and above what they have to do in law. I would see if there is anything else in the store that you like and see if they will exchange it again but you are not entitled to a credit note or money back. They may give you a credit note if they are feeling generous, but it does not seem that they will refund and they are entitled to do this.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

Hi rosie, Thanks for the reply, it does say 16 day exchange on the receipt, so are you saying that I am entitled to exchange the ring or not. cg

Is it the receipt for the new ring or the original one?

If they've put that on the receipt for the new ring, they really should provide you with an exchange within the 16 days, as they've made it a term.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

When I bought or exchanged the ring, there was a price difference and so they did give me a credit note for the difference and on the receipt it gives the old ring price and new ring price and then at the bottom of that receipt it says 16 day exchange, its all on one receipt. cg

I'd go and pick out another then, but make sure that you choose something you will be happy with this time, perhaps have a look before approaching the assistant. Point out that you felt a bit pressured to choose something and are still unhappy, and ask to exchange one more time. Hopefully they won't be funny about it, if they get a bit argumentative point out that it's still on the receipt for this ring that they will exchange within 16 days.

Hi Rosie,

Thanks for that, I might go to the other shop they have in the city centre as I do feel a little awkward:o , I keep looking at it and thinking shall I just keep it...... LOL:)

Hi,

Yesterday my daughter took the ring back to the shop for me, and they have given her a credit note, but I noticed when my daughter returned home with the credit note, that it hadn't been signed in the "authorised signature" box at the bottom of the credit note. does it have to be ? does this mean its not legal. anyone know !! cg