Re-registered member...was Asbo

Thunderace1002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Had to re-register as some one in the good ole USA tried accessing my account and locked me out. I am at the stage of requesting charges back (sent on 20th March) and have just recieved the letter saying how sorry we are that you felt you must complain (deadline 3rd April). I'm told that one of the team is dealing with my complaint and will write to me in 4 weeks to tell me whats happening (dont think so). I'll be sending my LBA on the 4th April. What is it with all these addresses , sent my SAR to London and got a reply from Pam Speed in Bradford so I sent my Prelim approach for repayment to her in Bradford and got a reply from Andrew Nanson in Milton Keynes, surely a case of passing the buck.

Cheers

Thunder

All part of trying to confuse you into giving up. Stick with it.

Regards, Rooster

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Your at the same stage as me so will be keeping a close eye on your thread please keep us up to date with it ;)

nikki = Fedupandskint V ShABBEY

Data Protection Act recieved today 8/6/06 so 40 days start

finally recieved bank statements today 11/10/06 :-|

new bank account set up today finally got everything i need and done it :D

calculations worked out amount comes to 4,621

Sorry everyone still trying to get sorted out been in hospital and not been able to follow it up so having to start again now:-x

Data Protection Act and ten pound fee sent statements recieved eventually 3 missing but i had them online so could calculate from there

15th march Request for payment of charges sent registered mail. 14 days starts 16th

second request for payment of charges sent 14 days are up on 3rd May. will then file MCOL

They might ask you to re-send the list of charges & interest spreadsheet again when they receive the court claim. They did that on my brothers claim saying that they didn't have access to documents that were sent to the complaints department. He actually sent them to the head office! Naturally our reply was rather short & to the point.

They might ask you to re-send the list of charges & interest spreadsheet again when they receive the court claim. They did that on my brothers claim saying that they didn't have access to documents that were sent to the complaints department. He actually sent them to the head office! Naturally our reply was rather short & to the point.

no problem anticipated that........ mind you all court claims go to head office ............got them all ready an just hav to update interest.......received letter 2day GWG amount £448 out of a claim of £6000+........think mine will b short an to the point also :D

Hi all

Just printed off the LBA letter with another schedule of charges and will be postin today (4th Apr). Looks like me and fedup are at the same stage, will be keeping an eye on your progress. Am I right in asuming that if there is no response from Abbey after the 14 day deadline that I am to commence court action using the N1 form.

cheers

Thunder

• 3 weeks later...

Update

I received this letter dated 18th Apr

Dear Mr XXX

As you know we are currently investigating you complaint that you raised with Abbey four weeks ago. I am sorry for the delay you are experiencing and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued patience.

Our reasearch is taking longer than expected because we want to make sure a full investigation is done. If we are unable to complete our investigation beforehand, we will write to you again in four weeks time to let you know how we are getting on.

I am sorry that it is taking longer than originally thought and would like to reassure you that your complaint is very important to us.

Yours sincerely

Richard Harris

Head of complaints

I was actually due to file the N1 form on the 19th Apr but limited funds have prevented that. Would it still be effective to do this when I get paid at end of the month?

Has anyone else had this type of reply?

This month had £85 in charges applied to my account so its adding up.

When submitting N1 form do I have to do another spreadsheet of charges but with the 8%?

Thanks

Thunderace

Yes I had a very similar letter...keep going and yes its fine to put your claim in once you can afford to.

With the N1 yes include an updated schedule of charges (include all those taken from the account before you file - you cant include pending ones) showing the 8% :)

• Haha 1

Dear Abbey, please bend over whislt I demostrate what you can do with this "gesture of goodwill" :p ..or something like that.

hee hee hee, I bet there are quite a few thousand that would like to do that to Shabby, guess we had better get in line.......:lol:

Update

I received this letter dated 18th Apr

Dear Mr XXX

As you know we are currently investigating you complaint that you raised with Abbey four weeks ago. I am sorry for the delay you are experiencing and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued patience.

Our reasearch is taking longer than expected because we want to make sure a full investigation is done. If we are unable to complete our investigation beforehand, we will write to you again in four weeks time to let you know how we are getting on.

I am sorry that it is taking longer than originally thought and would like to reassure you that your complaint is very important to us.

Yours sincerely

Richard Harris

Head of complaints

I was actually due to file the N1 form on the 19th Apr but limited funds have prevented that. Would it still be effective to do this when I get paid at end of the month?

Has anyone else had this type of reply?

This month had £85 in charges applied to my account so its adding up.

When submitting N1 form do I have to do another spreadsheet of charges but with the 8%?

Thanks

Thunderace

hi thunderace

i also had exact same letter..............few days later gogw arrived in my account...........so keep goin.

sent off a letter to SHabbey yesterday tellim em that it would be in their best interest to settle since they've acknowledged my claim and further costs would be incured.............hope it helps;-)

Hi all

Right, got a letter this morning (30th April) thanking me for my letters and saying that a full investigation has now been carried out blah blah.. charges were correct but as a gesture of goodwill I am happy to refund £768 to include cancellation of charges yet to be taken from your account. Your account will be updated within the next 10 working days.

This is before I have submitted my N1 form. Do I accept this as part of the full settlement and can I use this money to pay the £120 court fee, are they likely to take it back out of my account?

They state in the letter that the charges are based on extra admin work incurred when an account has insufficient funds to meet the requested payment, they also say that details of specific charges are in the T&C's of your account.

Cheers Thunderace

hi thunder

i had to go through my spreadsheets and the interest sheet again and minus the GOGW amount.......... mine was £440.......i then deleted 15 of most recent charges that added upto £440...........bit of a pain but i wanted to be upto date when i filed my N1..............i accepted as part payment and told em i would be pursuing for the remainder.......template on site somewhere.

good luck:p

• Haha 1

Hi all

Checked the bank the other day and there are 20 deposits of £35 and 1 of £30 (£730). Suppose its a start.

So I am sending this letter

Dear Mr Cordery

Thank you for your letter dated 24 April 2007

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, one final time, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account.

Deducting the £730 and not the £768 as stated in you letter you have already credited to my account leaves the outstanding amount of £2681.50.

A schedule of charges is enclosed.

In order to avoid litigation against you, I am prepared to temporarily accept the sum offered as partial settlement on the clear understanding that the remainder is paid within the next 14 days. Failure to comply with this request will result in against you for full recovery, as detailed in my letter before action.

If the remaining £2681.50 is not received or you do not respond positively I will comence litigation plus interest and court costs.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

ME

nothin wrong with that.........same as i sent........maybe you will receive another letter along the lines of (which i got)

"as you know we are currently looking into your complaint.......sorry for the delay while we continue to look into your complaint.......unable to give you a full response just now.......if you do not want to wait any longer blah blah

then just give you the info on the financial ombudsman

prepare for court:)

good luck

"as you know we are currently looking into your complaint.......sorry for the delay while we continue to look into your complaint.......unable to give you a full response just now.......if you do not want to wait any longer blah blah

I dont think i will get another letter, the last one did say,

I can inform you that our charges are based on the extra administrative

work incurred by Abbey when, for example, an account has insufficient

funds to meet the requested payment. Abbey believes that it is reasonable to make a charge on such an occasion to pass on the costs incurred by the bank and that the charges applied to the account are fair and transparent.

Please be assured I have carried out a full investigation for you and I hope you feel I have offered a considered and complete response to all of the issues you have raised.

And it goes on being patronising about regularly checking you account. I sent this today and have given 14 days to reflect so on the 17th it's off to the court:)