• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Sanand Vs Halifax **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done

You're on your way!

Prelim Sent -27/02/07....

Response Letter rec'd -13/03/07....

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Offer received(10p/cent short)-declined for full amount-28/03/07

Success FULL 6yr amount offered-29/03/07:D

........not yet received because they want me to accept conditions!!:(

Just out of curiosity Ive added up up my bank charges for the last 12 months as I always keep my last 12 months bank statements. It adds up to a whopping total of 1009 quid!!!!!!! No wonder im always skint, what im wondering is, do we also claim back interest debited from our accounts?

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Hi there,

You can claim back the interest they have charged you (on the charges) by using one of the templates on the site. They are easy to use, i've just finished one for my halifax visa (about 1K in interest alone).

Good luck

Flopper

Current Progress

Halifax current account - On Hold

Halifax visa - Won, settled in full 6/08

Capital One - Won settled nearly in full 5/08

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Woolwich - Settled in full 17-5-07

Sorry what I meant was that when the Halifax charge you 39 quid for something, if it sends you overdrawn they also charge you 28 quid at the end of the month. Ive noticed that every time they do this (and theres been a few!) they charge a couple of quid interest aswell. Do we add these amounts to our claims?

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

OK, im not too sure as i dont get charged £28 for being overdrawn (for some reason? May be cos my acc is a student acc) but i do know that you can claim interest on your charges. Anyone else any ideas on this?

Flopper

Current Progress

Halifax current account - On Hold

Halifax visa - Won, settled in full 6/08

Capital One - Won settled nearly in full 5/08

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Woolwich - Settled in full 17-5-07

If you go to the bank templates library and click on the calculation spreadsheets you will find the advance spreadsheets which should calculate the interest part. But if you were in credit at the time of them taking the interest out the spreadsheet calculates the reclaim part as zero. Once you receive your statements use the speadsheets to help you. Have you considered contractual interest?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Checked the royal mail website and its saying come back later. How will I know if the SAR that I sent first class recorded delivery has been delivered? Might seem a silly question but I really am a worrier!!

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Checked the royal mail website and its saying come back later. How will I know if the SAR that I sent first class recorded delivery has been delivered? Might seem a silly question but I really am a worrier!!

Hi sanand

Neither of my letters were on the Royal Mail website even though they were delivered! I left the first one(Prelim) for a few days and for peace of mind just phoned Halifax to check they had a note of my complaint.

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Yes

Where did you send your SAR to?

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Just in case you want to contact someone:

halifax-direct-contact-details.

• Haha 1

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

My prelim letter never showed as being posted on the Royal Mail site. I faxed a copy to them. I will try and dig out the number and report back in a mo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

My prelim never showed as being delivered on the Royal website. I faxed a copy to them. The number is 08451 28 13 85.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the click sanand;)

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

A quick update, phoned Halifax today to see if they have received my SAR, was told they probably had but too snowed under to confirm, the lady did assure me though that they would be replying to all requests within the 40 day limit. I then phoned royal mail as all I was getting was 'come back later' on their website and the really really nice man said letter had been signed for and he would send confirmation through post to me!!!!! Cant wait to get my hands on those wonderful statements ( I usually dread them!)

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

It is a great feeling when you are going through them and you keep spotting those words "charges as notified"

I used to dread them. but when i got my statements i got dissapionted off if there wasnt any on the page...;) also when you get them always double check as it is soooo easy to miss a few.

I hope they arrive soon for you, so class your 40 day count down from the day after you posted it.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

good to know they've got your SAR.You feel the ball is rolling now.

Hopefully not too long to wait now.

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, Cheque not been cashed, no response from halifax and no confirmation of delivery arrived from post office yet, 40 days is up on may 9th, any suggestions very welcome!!!!

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Give them a ring to see if they have recieved it, and if not they will probably resend them.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .