who is responsible for getting vehicle to garage

airodek

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The engine on my Saab 95 was siezed due to lack of oil, i decided to have the engine fully reconditioned but to get the best price i shopped around, i live in Liverpool and the best deal i could find was in Essex, as the engine was no use i paid for a transporter to take the car to the garage workshop in essex, the engine was fully reconditioned and guaranteed for two years, when the car was ready i caught a train to essex, paid for the recon £1285.00 and drove home, after eight weeks the car has developed an oil leak from the rear crankshaft oil seal, which should have been replaced during reconditioning, the oil is dripping out onto the exhaust front pipe which could lead to a fire. I contacted the garage who repaired the vehicle and they say they will repair the fault free of charge but i must get the vehicle to them, and as it cannot be driven that sort of distance, it needs another transporter and all the costs that go with it that they say must be paid for by me. Does anybody know whos responsibility it is to get the car to the garage any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It's not the business' fault that you chose to send your car all that distance, so they cannot be liable for any transportation costs.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.