Help - cold calling phone company missold me upgrade as 18months when I agreed to 12m

macca69

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was cold called by a stream of companies when my orange contract was due for renewal. Finally in my weakness I gave in and accepted a 12 month upgrade through a company called AU telecomms based in manchester. I called orange tonight to check when my upgrade was due and they said I am in an 18month contract! They say I need to speak to AU telecomms to sort it out! I received no paperwork from either orange or AU telecomms, it was all spoken over the phone so neither party has any way of proving it either way. Obviously AU and orange are going to stick to 18months, how do I challenge them in that I was missold the contract and verbally agreed to a 12 month one?

Send a SAR and ask for a copy of the call recording.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I so hated it when my contract with Orange was nearly to end and i got a string of calls. The company names they gave where never clear and the offers in the end not better. They seemed to be never ending. Even when i just had new contract it didnt seem to stop. This year I learned from it and called to Orange in advance, better deal :)

Good luck with sorting this out.