Hbos Cheque Clearance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone I just wanted to share this experience I had with Haliprats Band Of Swindlers today, nothing whatsoever to do with charges but wanted to share it anyway, I paid a cheque for £500 into my Easycash account on Monday morning expecting to be able to get the cash today well I checked my balance and instead of saying £500.56 it said £0.56 so I was quite shocked by that so it was on to the phone, I spoke to a guy who was quite understanding, no complaints about him, and he told me that the cash wouldn't be available until Tuesday 3rd April, I nearly fell off my chair when he said that, I asked why so long, what happened to 3 days for a cheque to clear and he said that it was because of the type of account it was (basic not a current account) so I told him that that wasn't fair and I felt that I was being discriminated against and would like to know the reason for that so I was put on hold while he spoke to someone else about it as he too was confused by it, he came back and said that it was nothing against me personally but that was the case for anyone with this type of account the reason being that the bank had found that a cheque being paid into this type of account was being returned after the customer had gained access to the cash after the 3 days and I said to him that that was strange because the cash wouldn't be available UNLESS the cheque had CLEARED and I found that excuse was ridiculous and asked if that was the case couldn't the same thing happen with a current account also no reply to that, so I am going to write to HBOS HQ for an explanation regarding this and to tell them that because I can't get a current account I fell victimised. Anyone else had this happen to them? Sorry for getting off topic.

BOS Prelim : 19/06/06 Owed : £382: offered £90.LBA sent 02/07/06, Delivered: 04/07/06. Offer increased to full £382 but with condition. Settled 4/11/06.

Data Protection Act sent to BOS CC : 19/06/06. Acknowledged : 03/07/06 Statements Received : 11/07/06 owed £845

Statements received for closed BOS account: 27/07/06, Owed £2596.52

First claim on closed BOS account now started - £735 Prelim received 7/11/06 LBA sent 5/12/06, Offered Full £735 but with conditions. Claim filed 22/01/07

CapitalOne-£1247, settled in full.

LloydsTSB- £910, sttled in full.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE

I have a Halifax current account and a few years ago I paid a cheque in and after the third day was able to draw against it (which I did). After a couple of days quite happily spending the money gained from the cheque I received a letter fomr Halifax informing me that the cheque I paid in had been returned!! I was then charged for going over my overdraft limit. I called them to ask why this had happened and was told that it actually takes 7 working days for a cheque to clear through the account. If I had known this I wouldn't have spent the money (cheque from not a reliable source). When you pay a cheque into your Halifax current account it then has to clear through HBOS and that is why it takes 7 days. Halifax just lets you draw against a cheque paid in after 3 working days.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D