Problems after car crash

woolfie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My father inlaw was crashed into when he was stationary and the upshot was his car was written off. The woman driving the other car accepted full liability. This happened on the 22nd of November. He has still not had any settlement. The company has messed him about and now it transpires they have been chasing the hire companies insurance rather than the drivers insurance. He was injured in the crash and had to be cut out by the firebrigade. He has not been examined by a doctor for the insurance company yet but he still has shooting pains down his leg.

I have written on his behalf but seem to be getting nowhere fast.

How should we proceed?

cheers

Woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Anyone help please?

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Why are they chasing the Hire Companies?

Does your father have legal services on his policy ? - that department will do chasing for him.

In Insurance, thinking "It wont happen to me" could mean you dont have the cover you want at a time when you want it! - Dont always reject a Courtesy Car or Legal because you find the cost too much! Whats more valuable? YOU or the Policy Premium?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please add to my reputation if my reply was informative to you. (click the scales);) Replies offered by me are not linked to anyone, and is from my own personal experience.:grin:

He has legal cover but I am not sure how long an acceptable wait is for some kind of resolution?

I spoke to them today and apparantly they are still waiting admission of liability from the other party.