general debt agency debate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

This thread as been set up for discussions about vitually anything. Hopefully we can all share ideas/experinces and assist each other to find threads relevant to their own circumstances.

Please remember that before you respond to any communication from these parasite companies to use the many available threads to assess where you stand.

Reading through many threads I have found that the same companies are using different tactics with different people at the same time. As an example, some people are being issued letters by the new "debt owner" while others are dealing with another comapny alloted purely for collection by the alleged new owner. I would guess that the company is deciding what to spend chasing a case dependant upon what it suspects may be the outcome. Anyone have any other ideas?

Reading through many threads I have found that the same companies are using different tactics with different people at the same time. As an example, some people are being issued letters by the new "debt owner" while others are dealing with another comapny alloted purely for collection by the alleged new owner. I would guess that the company is deciding what to spend chasing a case dependant upon what it suspects may be the outcome. Anyone have any other ideas?

I thought this type of thing was a breach of the OFT Code of Guidance.

"Putting Pressure on Debtors or third parties is considered to be

oppressive"

This Includes

"Using more than one collection company at the same time or not telling

you when your debt has been passed to another company"

Hope that helps ? :)

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to NatWest 30 March 07

Statements received 2 May

SAR sent Barclays 30 March 07

SAR sent Barclaycard 30 March 2007

SAR sent RBS 5 April 2007

Regarding comments made on Seahorse's thread

Several people have commented that agencies obtain CCJ's without the alleged debtors knowledge. How does this happen? The court itself issues the summons not collection agency. They can lie and it goes to a wrong address but then you can get it set aside. The only other possibility seems to be that they are in breach of OFT guidelines by producing adocument that looks like a valid CCJ

Not sure where it says this in my thread. Can you refresh my memory and point to the relevant posts?

Regarding comments made on Seahorse's thread

Several people have commented that agencies obtain CCJ's without the alleged debtors knowledge. How does this happen? The court itself issues the summons not collection agency. They can lie and it goes to a wrong address but then you can get it set aside. The only other possibility seems to be that they are in breach of OFT guidelines by producing adocument that looks like a valid CCJ