Mull100 Vs First Direct

Mull100

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just thought I'd jump in and let you all know that there's another new claim just started - I sent my SAR to First Direct on Tuesday (27/03).

I'm sure I'll be badgering you all for advice in the weeks and months to come but promise to keep you all up to speed with the progress.

Bring it on...!

Just thought you might be interested to know that FD have been very quick so far with me. Couriered statements arrived after a week, put in a refund letter and one week later an offer was made. Not enough and trying to say the returned direct debits were not allowable which I believe they are, so have given them a further week to respond. So, so far so good!

Hi Mull, FD were slow in getting my statements to me, quick in returning cheque and then took about 4 weeks for statements.

Its quite straight forward, read as much as possible on forum really helps. Just sent my prelim letters to day. 14 days and counting:roll:

I've been spending some time reading all the threads. There seems to be a lot of experience in the forum so I'll tap into it wherever possible.

Good luck with your claim, Kitty. I'll be keepin' my fingers crossed for ya.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mull you could send them a LBA for non compliance giving FD another 7 days to respond.

My other half did that with her barclaycard and filed at court for a compliance order... needless to say after Bcard received the form they were very quick to send the statement.

Template is in the library

OK. I have now filled in the LBA for non-compliance (took about 2 minutes!) but I'll wait until tomorrow before posting it, just in case there's been a delivery at home today whilst I've been at work. (Forever the optimist, me!)

Thanks for your guidance Phonesurgeon

You'll find this problem throughout the whole spectrum of banks at the moment, they are so overrun with these requests they clearly cannot cope,

I suggest you contact the Head Office and ask to be connected with the Data Controller, remind them they are in breach of your SAR and would appreciate their comments on how they propose to get you your statements without further delay.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Bloody typical! Sent the LBA for non-compliance on Thursday and the statements turn up yesterday morning. Looks like they've been trying to deliver them since the 5th May. They couldn't find my house, it would seem. No, before you ask, it's not hidden away anywhere, just seems that the courier company are as incompetent as most big companies nowadays.

Anyway, I'll get my highlighter pen out and let you know how much they've shafted me for over the past 6 years.

Right, just finished going through the statements. FD owe me nearly 1200 quid. Not as much as I expected but still plenty of money.

I'll get my claim letter done tomorrow and send it off on Monday and see what happens.