Bank Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site and just need to feel that at least someone is on my side. I have just had a telephone conversation with Nat West regarding charges on my son's account. In February 2006 he was £1.35 over drawn (unknown to me - ignored by him). Needless to say £28 charge per month was added until in December I opened a letter from his bank (he was ill in hospital at the time) stating he was £259 overdrawn. Panicked I went to the bank and put £300 into his account. NOT ENOUGH!!! Charges since then have now put him over £80 overdrawn. My son is unemployed. There has been no money paid into that account since November 2005. I have received copy statements and there in black and white is £28 per month taken out. I am going to write naturally and ask for my money back. They can sue my son for the recurring charges!

I am a widow on minimum wage and can ill afford to lose that money.

Anyone good with maths? Can you let me know what percentage has been charged. Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site and just need to feel that at least someone is on my side. I have just had a telephone conversation with Nat West regarding charges on my son's account. In February 2006 he was £1.35 over drawn (unknown to me - ignored by him). Needless to say £28 charge per month was added until in December I opened a letter from his bank (he was ill in hospital at the time) stating he was £259 overdrawn. Panicked I went to the bank and put £300 into his account. NOT ENOUGH!!! Charges since then have now put him over £80 overdrawn. My son is unemployed. There has been no money paid into that account since November 2005. I have received copy statements and there in black and white is £28 per month taken out. I am going to write naturally and ask for my money back. They can sue my son for the recurring charges!

I am a widow on minimum wage and can ill afford to lose that money.

Anyone good with maths? Can you let me know what percentage has been charged. Thanks

Hello and welcom.

Firstly I would like to compliment you on being such a good mother. Firstly, read around the site for a few days espeicially the FAQ, things I need to know and the natwest forum. Start a new thread on the Natwest forum and you will get so much help and encouragement from follow natwest claimers and winners.

I don't feel that you need to work out the percentage of the charges as they are a set rate they charge.

Start a new thread on the Natwest forum and put down the wording the used with the charge. There all experts on there.

secondly no they can't sue him for their unlawful charges, but you can sue them

Good luck

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi Shuffie.

Welcome to the forum.

Please read some of the successes in the forum and start a thread of your claim in your banks forum;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=12 Please Title it Shuffie V Nat West

Please take time to read the faq's

use the template letters.

LINKS....

FAQs....

Templates Library....

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

• Haha 1