• Tweets

• Thanks Dx. Still finding my way around this forum thing. Cant tell you how grateful I am for all the help. Just submitted the 75 to Natwest. Fingers crossed.
    • ok nothing historic there then. dx  
    • Hi All,  I have tried to use my own words as much as possible, any better suggestions are welcome.  I have been sleepless and hence i can't really think of alternative words, will definitely give it another go if you have points that i may have left out? Worry
    • Thanks all for all your input. I have decided to follow this all the way. So far, I have not replied to Alliance Parking's original NTK letter. The time-period for the reduced amount has now finished, and the time to appeal (21 days from the date of letter) will finish on 25th Apr. No further comms received from Alliance Parking. Could you please guide me, for my readiness, on what happens next? Am I going to start receiving letters from Alliance Parking > Debt Collector letters > Letter of Claim? Who sends me the Letter of Claim - Alliance Parking / Debt Collectors / Solicitors / court? How many weeks / months from now is this likely to be? Once Alliance Parking passes the debt off to the Debt Collectors, is there a risk of anyone turning up at the door? Do I need to reply to any other letters from either the parking company, debt collectors, or solicitors? Many thanks in advance.
    • I've just noticed this so wanted to my apologies for my response to this yesterday I didn't realise his name was worry, I thought you meant worry as in be concerned not referring to his name.   My apologies.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

alliance & leicester ignored me

col123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i rang the bank to ask the date i opened my account,very polite lady tells me what i want to know,THEN tells me there is a note on my file inviting me to the bank to discuss a review of my account,just to make sure its the right account for me and that im happy with the banks service ect, :confused: they want me to make an appointment and asked if i do go would i be coming alone or bringing somebody with me, :shock: OMG how dodgy does this sound ive been with them 10 years and never once have i been invited down to speak to them,im begining to feel a little paranoid now,also my cheque book ran out the other day and they have always sent me one automatically but not this time,ive ordered one online ill just see if i get it now, any advice or comments on what you think welcome,is this a new tactic or has anyone else been invited lol,kind regards col x :)

Dont panic, it may just be a coincidence banks are always trying to sell insurance, mortgages, credit cards and accounts that you pay a monthly fee, you know everytime you go into branch they ask do you want a loan or to change your mortgage. I doubt you would be asked in to branch to discuss your charges - these things are dealt with at head office level! carry on with your action.

To access Vamp's spreadsheets (which are excellent) click on to the link. You will then need to register for a google account and activate this throught a link sent to your personal e.mail address. After that when you click on Vamp's link in the CAG you will find the spreadsheets here. Simply save the one you need as an excel file and then you can cut and paste your own info into it - it saves hours of working out how many days interest you are owed.

I filed my MCOL yesterday - waiting for a response!!

Hello I ve only just signed up to this site as its great to be able to talk to people going through the same thing.

I have just rang the A&L to ask them if they've recieved my chq & if there processing my statements (letter requesting them sent 26/03/07) they said not sure need to check if chq been cleared but they will send me a DATA PROTECTION FORM to be signed is this normal procedure or is there a link i can get a form to fill in & send off in the mean time thank you for any help you can give me

not sure about the form - did you use the template letter from this site? that contains all the info they would need for a DPA request. they do have 40 days to comply and when I sent for my info it arrived on the 39th day. So many of us are asking for this info they are inundated (I hope!) and also by holding out to the last minute it is another delaying tactic designed to put you off.

Have a read through some of the other threads about A&L you will find it useful and it will help you to understand the process. Good luck:)

hi

thanks stripeuk

i used a template letter so it should be ok also does anyone know what to do if you cant get the statements has anyone calculated the amount of charges over 6 yrs and used this to calculate the amount to claim. :?

Don't worry they will have to send the statements to you within 40 days - if they don't report them to the information commissioner which you can do on line.

I did go back as far as I could online but when I received my actual statements I found another £700! so it is worth waiting. I know it seems like a long time to get your money back but it is best to stick to the timetable and use the templates then you can't go wrong. Good luck

Im taking my claim to court today,im really struggling with the interest side of things and the spreadsheets,i know they are supposed to be easy to access and use but i just cant do it,(thick as pig poo i am lol),i have found an interest calculator on martins money site which seems as simple as me lol,would this one be ok to use,sorry for being so thick but i just want to get down the courts and also make sure ive done everything properly,i just feel like givin up at the min,sorry col x :sad:

Im taking my claim to court today,im really struggling with the interest side of things and the spreadsheets,i know they are supposed to be easy to access and use but i just cant do it,(thick as pig poo i am lol),i have found an interest calculator on martins money site which seems as simple as me lol,would this one be ok to use,sorry for being so thick but i just want to get down the courts and also make sure ive done everything properly,i just feel like givin up at the min,sorry col x :sad:

Martin's interest calculator is great, just tot up your charges, save it to Word (he tells you how to do this), so you can save it, then print it out. icon7.gif

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Thanks mimijane,im nearly done with it now,but just got so far and it stopped calculating,ive got soooo many charges i think i just maxed it out lol ill do the rest now then post again with the amount so hopefully someone can check its right for me,kind regards col x

just finished interest calculations,it only lets me calculate up to 27/2/06 then starts saying NAN,

My claim is for 5860.00 before interest

according to the calculator the interest is 1415.63,

Then there is a total saying 6812.13 (interest total) ?

Can anyone help please just to check it looks right, or put me on right track,thanks col x

Hi I took my claim to court today,just have to wait to see if im exempt from fees, court will issue claim if im exempt or contact me first if im not,toal with interest came to over 7 thousand so im keeping my fingers crossed that all goes smoothly,im a little nervous now lol x :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all ,ive just suffered a major setback,as i hadnt heard anything from court regards my exemption i phoned them then ended up having to go down as they couldnt find my details,Apparently the tax credit info i gave them is out of date(even though they state next years payments),they mislaid my stuff thats why they didnt contact me,i tried to explain that i wont get the new papers off tax credit office until august approx as the renewals are seen to by july,they said sorry they couldnt help me,The fee is 250 there is no way i can afford this,Anyone know a way around this ? im furious this has set me back weeks,im sat here now crying like a baby im so frustrated,HELP!!!!

kind regards col :-( x x x

hiya

my tax credit form has on in at the front award 3/32007 to 5/4/2007 (like this cos of change in circumst

at the bottom on the last page is in smaller writing payments in 2007-2008 and and it shows the payments until end of august 2007 . Is yours like this cos if it is I was exempt from the fees I highlighted it when I filed AQ as they could not see it at first but they accepted it.

mine is at Preston County Court so cant be any different if your TC form is the same hope this helps you a bit its gutting for you.

I would ring up wtc to see if they can help.

Kate

Hi Kate thanks for your reply,I pointed the 2008 payment part out to them but they wont accept it they insist i need the new one,but like i said it will be later in the year when i get that,i spoke to tax credits but i cant get updated one until i have my renewal pack which they are on the verge of sending,so basically ive missed out by days,and it will be months before the new claim is sorted,even though im recieving tax credits they are only provisional so dont count,im gutted but hey what can i do x

Im gonna see if i can borrow the money for now (how embarrassing lol)

Will i have to amend my forms and the amount claimed ? as 2 weeks have passed since i tried to file my claim already i just want to get it all done and dusted by rights i should have been nearing the end result by now,im just so peed off and im pregnant the stress is getting too much for me,sorry to winge just needed a good cry,

thanks again kate and sorry again for wafflin on,kind regards col x

Hi again ive calmed down a little now lol,ive managed to borrow the cash i need for the £250 court fee,im going to sort it all out and issue on MCOL this evening,my question is do i need to amend my original claim do i knock 2 weeks off so as not to go over the 6 year line or should i just leave it as it is and go for it,kind regards col x

hiya

I am glad you got it sorted out, you will get the money back for the claim fee though - well the way I see it its not from when you issue the claim to the court that the six years goes back from (does that make sense!! prob not looks wrong the way I have worded it) its from when you first approach them. They have even updated the schedule themselves to include a charge that fell within the six years I filed mine on 5 April but schedule runs march 01 to march 07

take care and dont worry bout wingeing its a stressful thing we are all doing and your pregnant too

kate

Well i finally put my claim through on mcol tonight i have a letter ready to post in the morning to mcol with 2 copies of charges requesting them to be added to my form,so ill keep updating and fingers crossed all will be well,thanks everyone, col x x x :p

p.s thanks for your help today kate its very much appreciated x