• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

alliance & leicester ignored me

col123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I requested statements via phone in january,filled out data form sent cheque,i recieved statements 40 days later,i sent copy of highlighed charges with 1st letter asking for charges to be refunded i gave the 14 days to respond deadline which is today,i have heard absolutely nothing,i sent by recorded delivery and had confirmation by the post office that it had been delivered,i have requested a copy of signature from post office but apparently i cant apply for this until 6th april,has anyone else been ignored if so whats the next step,i have got a letter of complaint ready to post on monday along with copies of all the last stuff i sent,also what is the best address to send to i sent to basic customer service centre,i will also be using special delivery from now on.

any help from people who have had a similar situation would be greatly appreciated,kind regards col x

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just stick to your timetabel.

send Prelim Letter - give them 14 days, then send LBA - give them 14 days then its the court claim part.

I ahd the same thing they ignored my first two letters.

I filed my MCOL claim on Monday and they have acknowledged it, so just stick to the time tabel and you should be fine

I have been using the secure emailing method thru my online banking and they have been responding to that :)

MY CLAIM STATUS

FIRST TRUST BANK - Small Claims Court Case Filed

ALLIANCE & LEICESTER BANK - Preliminary Letter Sent

CO-OPERATIVE CREDIT CARD - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Letter Sent

MINT CREDIT CARD - SAR Letter Sent

CITI CREDIT CARD - SAR Letter Sent

CAPITALONE CREDIT CARD - SAR Letter Sent

VIRGIN CREDIT CARD - SAR Letter Sent

GE MONEY STORE CARD - SAR Letter Sent

No more Mr Nice Guy!!! :D

Thanks to all,ill stick with it and keep you posted,my letter did state i would start court proceedings within 14 days,so ill give them another 14 days along with my complaint and hope for the best,kind regards col x

best of luck

I have just sent preliminary request letter - so will be wathing your thread with interest:cool:

jansus

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Help!!!!

after realising that i cant put £5 overdraft charges on i have recalculated without them,do i continue with my claim or do i have to start a new one?,already sent prelim letter 2 weeks passed and about to send my LBA,what do i do about the difference? Help anyone PLEASE !!!!

Hi again no new news as yet,i was just wondering as i fully expect it to go to court process is there anything i can be doing to prepare,like stuff for court ect,im reading the site daily and i just want to get everything right,kind regards col

Col123.

I would just sit back and wait to be honest.

I doubt they will reply to your letter and you will have to go down the MCOL route. But based on everyone elses experience it will not go to court.

It is a bit like cat n mouse (tom N Jerry),

Thanks,i feel like a right bother lol but at the min its all i can think about,getting some money back would make a massive difference to my families life as we have always had to struggle,i must admit i am afraid of going to court but im more than ready to fight,i want my money back x

you are int he right lace. Loads of people will be very supportive and give you lots of advice along the way.

Going to court is very unlikely.

I know its a pain having to wait but stick witht he timetable and follow the instructiosn to the letter and soon enough you will have your money.

Make sure you open another bank account in case they close this one.

I advise Natwest Step account but there are loads out there to be honest

HiI had the same problem and did finish up taking A&L to court. There is some excellent information on the Money Expert web site and you can use the quotes on there when you submit your claim on Money Claim on Line.Two days prior to the cut off date for a response from A & L to the court they sent me a cheque for the full amount I had claimed, including of course the charges made by the Court. Yes, I would recommend lots of back gorund from the Money Expert site, The Independent and Which. The long and short of all this is thatthese charges are illegal

Hi all just a quick update i received a letter this morning from A&L basically it states....

thanks for contacting us regards fees on your account, having reviewed the circumstances surrounding your complaint again i can confirm that the fees have been raised in accordance with the charging policy within the terms and conditions,

Fees are published in our marketing literiture for current accounts we also provide copies of terms and conditions of the account when it is opened.Any changes or amendments to the terms and conditions are notified by post,through statement inserts and on our website,which complies with the banking code of practice.we feel our fees are resonable and competitive and are clearly shown within literature on our website as well as being detailed on monthly statements,

in veiw of the above i regret to inform you that our original dicision must stand.

it goes on to say i can refer my complaint to financial ombudsman and they have given me a complaints leaflet.

has anyone else had this letter,is it a standard fob off?

Ill copy the whole letter out if anyone needs to see the full version,

they are making out like this is the second letter i have had and its not its the ONLY letter ive had from them,any advice would be much appreciated,kind regards col x:confused:

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("725513") report.gif progress.gif

this a standard letter they send out - just make sure you stick to timetable on FAQ allow 14 days as per your letter and then proceed.

Some people get no letters at all before filing claim - i have had two.

I think the general advice appears just keep reading the site to makesure you are ready for each stage- including the threads in the successes it will cheer you up.

I m just about to do LBA

best of luck

jansus:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi Col,

Pretty much in same situation as you! Trying to claim around £6,800. I've sent them the letter requesting repayment of charges and got back a big 'no chance' from them! Preparing to send LBA letter. My worry is the court action. I'm from Scotland and here we can only claim £750 a time from small claims court. Many of the courts are now refusing to accept multiple claims. Been advised to take my complaint to FOS but don't know how to go about that or how long it will take?? Know for certain next letter I receive from A&L will be another 'no chance'!!! x

Hi Col,

Pretty much in same situation as you! Trying to claim around £6,800. I've sent them the letter requesting repayment of charges and got back a big 'no chance' from them! Preparing to send LBA letter. My worry is the court action. I'm from Scotland and here we can only claim £750 a time from small claims court. Many of the courts are now refusing to accept multiple claims. Been advised to take my complaint to FOS but don't know how to go about that or how long it will take?? Know for certain next letter I receive from A&L will be another 'no chance'!!! x

have you started own thread on alliance and leicester?

I know there is a special section on claiming in scotland - try putting in as a search if you cant find it -and read lots of threads even from different banks - try all sections under fAQ

jansus:)

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

cheers jansus - going to start my own thread on the claiming in scotland section cos no one's mentioned anything about claiming against A&L in Scotland. Been reading through it and it's a lot more hassle than claiming in England! Going to persevere though cos too much money to lose. Good luck!

H All Im popping into town monday to pick my forms up from the court,as the amount is over 5000 excluding interest do i ask for the N1 form or is it a different one,any help appreciated,kind regards col x