• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

GE Capital Bank

Charlie V Cap One
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a number of store cards run through GE Capital (Money) but they were closed some time ago, but within the last 6 years. How do I go about finding out my account numbers and so on in order to claim the many late payment charges I remember so well? I have no paper record of any of them. Thanks!

The name and address are in the sticky at the top of the forum. It's GE Money now, btw, hasn't been GE capital for a few years.

Sorry my ignorance what is a sticky, Ive send 2 letters to GE Capital Bank, 6 Agar St. WC2N4HR on the 21/3 recorded but never arrived.

:confused:

The name and address are in the sticky at the top of the forum. It's GE Money now, btw, hasn't been GE capital for a few years.

Also do you know about Time Retail Finance I had a card with COMET and send this letter recorde on 21/3 but not arrived yet address Selectapost 17 S97 3b5

Need some advice on this addresses Thank you:-?

i had an old topshop account which was closed in 2003. I just phoned GE money and asked for my account number. Gave them my postcode (old one as i have since moved) and name and they got the account number for me straight away. Theor number is 0870 124 2446

Good luck x

Thanks Lolly82. I have done this and they willing gave me my old account number, I didn't say why I needed it but they will find out soon enough! I will send my Data Protection Act request this week. Has anyone been succesful with GE Money? I have already wrote to Capital One with no response yet and thought I would get on to the old store card in the mean time.

Lots of people have been sucessful. Bon chance!

Natwest - DPA sent / prelim sent http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/75363-bump-crapwest.html#post656651

Barclaycard - DPA sent

MSDW - DPA sent

GE Capital - Prelim sent http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/store-cards/72853-mr-bump-frasercard.html#post629618

RBS bank - DPA sent

RBS card - DPA sent

Student Loans Co - pending

Egg - DPA pending http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/egg/79992-bump-humpty-dumpty.html#post707138

I have just called GE Money and spoke to a particularly unhelpful woman who could not give me any info as I could not provide her with my account numbers, but that was what I was ringing to find out!!!!!! She said I have to write in and the address she gave me is:

GE Money

PO Box 700

Leeds

W Yorkshire

LS99 2BD

Hope that helps any one else out there trying to contact them!

I have just called GE Money and spoke to a particularly unhelpful woman who could not give me any info as I could not provide her with my account numbers, but that was what I was ringing to find out!!!!!! She said I have to write in and the address she gave me is:

GE Money

PO Box 700

Leeds

W Yorkshire

LS99 2BD

Hope that helps any one else out there trying to contact them!

I have used the same POST CODE but address:

GE MONEY

TRENT HOUSE

Torre Road

LEEDS

LS99 2BD

Letter has arrived yesterday so I hope is the right one.

Good luck!

Estela, do you have your account numbers or are you asking them for that info like me? I am hoping that I don't receive this letter back....

21 March 2007

Dear Miss

Data Subject Access Request

Debenhams Account:

Thank you for your letter dated 1 February 2007, regarding your Data Subject Access Request. Please accept my apology for the delay in my response.

I have carefully noted the comments in your correspondence, however, I must advise that after extensive enquiries, I have been unable to retrieve any transaction history for your Debenhams account. Due to the amount of time that has elapsed since your account has been used the transaction details have been removed from our system. We have been unable to retrieve any statements from our archives, as they have not been retained.

I appreciate this does not fully meet with your requirements and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. This is certainly not our intention and I om sorry we are unable to provide the information you have requested on this occasion. As a gesture of goodwill I have arranged a cheque for £10.00 to be sent to you under separate cover. This will arrive in the next 7-10 working days.

Please accept my sincere apologies once again. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

David Cunning ham Customer Service Manager

Not sure how to paste, but it's a post from deemoney on the GEMoney forum.

Dear Maxey

Yes I have my account numbers and I can tell you that I have received today a letter from the same person that yours telling me that Ithey will pay the amounts of 2 of my cards £72 and £102 and that in 7-10 days will be in my accounts but my accounts are 0 I dont use them any more so I think I have to write to GE again telling them to send me the cheques and close the accounts they havent mention anything of the default notice so that will be in the letter again. But all in all good result .

Good luck to yours

Hi I Want To Claim All My Charges From Ge Capitla For A Toys R Us Store Card I Had, But I Dont Have All My Statements, Is There Anyway I Can Get Them All Before Proceeding?

They Also Took Me To Court An I Now Have A Ccj Registered Against My Name For The Account, If Anyone Can Help With The Whole Process Let Me No Please.x.x.x

Thanks Deby.x.x

I am sick of GE. I bought a dress on the 3rd of March from Monsoon using my store card, but returned it unworn, immaculate and still tagged on the 7th. One month and one week after the return I have STILL yet to receive the £85 credit to my GE store card account! I have all the return receipts as proof and the store have acknowledged that the funds have been fully processed at their end. It's just the main credit centre that seems to be dragging their feet. I'm concerned about the interest accruing and have told them so in quite a stern letter. This was sent via Recorded Mail to the Leeds 'PO Box' address. I will also be calling them tomorrow! Surely though, there's no way that they can get out of this one and leave me out of pocket...?! I will never get my head around how they can get away with treating people like this. They're so quick to pull us up for the smallest things, charging us 30% interest as standard!!! :o(

Any comments or tips....?

hi i wondered is anyone can give me some advice,i sent subject access request to ge money on 2 march, still no correspondence, so i phoned them this am, spoke to donna in customer solutions dept,she confirmed they received the 10.00 but they only requested the statements on the 20 march, i told her that i will be sending a letter before action saying that they have failed to comply with the data protection act subject access request, as they have passed the 40 days to comply, she checked the 5 accounts i have with them, debenhams, evans, dorothy perkins and comet, she found all accounts except comet, she said that she can not find any details regarding this account, but assured me that they deal with comet. so i was wondering wether i did the right thing by contacting them and saying that i am sending a letter before action for failure to comply to the 40 days, and what can i do about the comet account?????????????

please help any advice is much appreciated, as i dont really know how to deal with these things

thanks

hi i wondered is anyone can give me some advice,i sent subject access request to ge money on 2 march, still no correspondence, so i phoned them this am, spoke to donna in customer solutions dept,she confirmed they received the 10.00 but they only requested the statements on the 20 march, i told her that i will be sending a letter before action saying that they have failed to comply with the data protection act subject access request, as they have passed the 40 days to comply, she checked the 5 accounts i have with them, debenhams, evans, dorothy perkins and comet, she found all accounts except comet, she said that she can not find any details regarding this account, but assured me that they deal with comet. so i was wondering wether i did the right thing by contacting them and saying that i am sending a letter before action for failure to comply to the 40 days, and what can i do about the comet account?????????????

please help any advice is much appreciated, as i dont really know how to deal with these things

thanks