Jaffacup v Lloyds TSB

jaffacup

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: I'm a very confused new subscriber and wish i'd found this site a month ago - please can anyone help - i think i've blown my case completely.

I obtained 5 years statements (when my charges began) and wrote a preliminary letter dated 5th March 2007. I made the mistake of totallling up the returned d/d's, returned s/o's, overdraft excess and overdraft interest figures on each page (i now know this is incorrect) and submitting a claim for £4697. When i hadn't received a response 14 days later i wrote the second letter with a "Without Prejudice" clause giving a lower settlement figure.

I've just received a letter today from Andover Recovery Centre saying "when customers don't have enough funds in their accounts it means extra work...We feel it's fair to charge for this service.......The OFT has published guidelines on credit card default charges. We're still talking it through with tem but the important point is that the guidelines are about "default" charges that people pay when they break an agreement with us. This doesn't apply to your charges as these were for dealing with your request to go over your agreed overdraft limit.These are not default charges because you havent broken your agreement.They are the prices for the service we provide. I can't agree to cancel your charges.

Have i blown the case completely or is there anything else i can do from here please. Any advice greatly appreciated!!

I don't know why you think you have blown your case - that is the standard 'sod off' letter from Lloyd. They are trying to worry you into giving up......it obviously worked! But you are here now and we can tell you they are talking rubbish.

Ignore it and carry on :) :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Hiya again Jaffacup,

I see Dolly has found you so you are in Very safe hands. listen to what she has to say and read as much as you can, twice.

Cheers BB

ps (dolly what is that avatar about :eek: )

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek clarification.

[

ps (dolly what is that avatar about :eek: )

It is my two favourite players in my team sharing rather an 'intimate' moment after scoring!!

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Dolly, i'm glad i've found you - thanks for the support. What i'm unsure about is the fact that i've claimed the wrong amount by including overdraft interest in my sum of charges - some of which relates to spending not charges. Do i need to submit a revised amount letter to LTSB or proceed to Court and submit the correct amount in my supporting documents?

Do i need to submit a revised amount letter to LTSB

No

proceed to Court and submit the correct amount in my supporting documents?

Yes. Although it's preferable to get things right from the start, it's not crucial. It's what you file at court that matters, since it will then cost you time, stress and money to correct any mistakes.

• 1 month later...

Hi, some time ago i posted that i'd sent the standard letters to Lloyds and had been refused a refund (their standard letter arrived around 8 weeks ago). I haven't had the money available (thanks to their charges!) to proceed to court with my claim. I want to go ahead with this now - do i need to re-run the whole standard letter process please or can i file a claim straight away? Thanks:roll: