terryv V natwest

terryv

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I’ve been trawling through the threads on this excellent site (as well as MSE and the Penalty Charges Forum) since January although this is my first posting.

The help and advice available here on reclaiming charges from banks is an absolute mine of information and I have been accessing it freely in order to help with the claims that I have instigated.

My reason for posting is that I have reached a position with a claim against Natwest (I am about to respond to Cobbetts CPR 18 request, serve Cobbetts with my own CPR 18 request and file my Court Bundle along with the Allocation Questionnaire.

I have several questions that I will post and hope that some of the extremely knowledgable people on this site will be able to help me with.

1. I decided to respond to the CPR 18 request for two reasons: my claim is for £5600 which should not be in the small claims track (although I have indicated this as the most suitable on the AQ) and I liked the idea of serving them with my own CPR 18. I have read through the CPR rules and believe that I have got it right but would appreciate your take on it and also an opinion on this being the right thing to do.

2. Am I right in thinking that the response to Cobbetts automatically supercedes my online POC (as it is obviously in more detail) or do I need to bring this to the court’s attention when I file (by hand).

3. In the AQ section F Proposed Directions, I simply cannot understand what list of directions I would think appropriate (in the CPR rules this appears mainly to be the preserve of the judge).

4. In the AQ Section F Further Information, should I include details of my response to the CPR 18 request in the box and also the tick boxes for ‘Do you intend to make any applications in the immediate future?’ - would I be likely to do this if Cobbetts do not respond to my request?

If I posted the Cobbetts CPR 18 request, my response and also my own CPR request to them on the forum, would anyone have the time to read it and advise.

It’s funny, I felt that I had got nearly everything about right until this stage and now I find I’m experiencing some real self-doubt.

Thanks for your time,

terryv