a bit confused...

graceful_willow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, im new here and quite frankly, a bit lost. i've been meaning to claim, but i keep on putting it off mainly because i'm afraid of the possible negative outcome and i dont know how and where to start.

pardon my ignorance, but i' not quite sure what to claim. i got an overdraft facility, and honestly i'm always OVER my limit. HSBC has been deducting various amounts every month, from £22 to £100+, depending on how much i'm overdrawn. what's confusing me is on their letter/statement, it doesn't say "charges" but "arrangement fees". according to what i read on the faq, i cant claim fees...:sad: please, can someone help me understand. i want to make sure that i'm gonna ask for the right money back.

apart from this charges, the other thing that i'm finding hard to accept is i get over my limit after they deducted the "fees". basically, they are the reason why i'm being charged in the first place.

anyway, i have sent off my SAR about a week ago, and i'm now waiting for them to reply.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a couple of things that may help http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=6 this link talks about what you can claim for and what you can't.

HSBC and other banks are trying to rename these charges so that customers don't claim them back. Arrangement fees are basically the same thing as charges under a different name unless you have formally agreed and overdraft with them permanently or temporarily. You may also see informal overdraft fees again these are charges that can be claimed back. :D

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

These "arrangement fees" at the mo are £25.00 per day for going over your limit. If you have not formally agreed to them as givememymoney says you can claim them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• 5 weeks later...

You will need to remind them of their obligations under the data protection act this link will help http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html :-)

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

You could try phoning HSBC to see if your data is almost ready, they are under severe pressure at the moment with the volume of claims they are having to deal with.

That is no excuse for not complying with a legal requirement (Data Protection Act) so probably a bit of a two pronged attack is called for;

1. Nice jolly them along on the phone

2. Write the "you have failed to comply" letters too.

pete

Is this the new name for Total Charges? I can claim this, right?

My statements finally arrived yesterday afternoon, a day late. Unfortunately I already sent off a non compliance letter that morning, recorded and cost me £4.30!

Added everything up, taken into account the notified fees/charges, it looks like I can get back just over £2000. Wish me luck!

please can someone be kind to advise me if i can claim this notified fees/charges.

i noticed on my statements that the bank only started using this term in december so im wondering if this is their new term for "total charges". if that is so, i can claim it back? :confused:

yes, here it is again - if it looks like a dog, barks like a dog and bites like a dog - it's a dog! and they can call total charges, notified, whatever they like - they are still a punitive charge and are reclaimable.

Graceful one....I'm claiming back £2660 in charges for past 6years 6 months, up to and including March this year, after they had changed the description of the charges. They offered me £2375 the other day, knocking off the charges beyond six years ago, so even they are acknowledging that lastest ones are same as previous ones !! Of course I am not accepting. I would say take Lattie's advice, much more poetically expressed than mine !

good morning everyone.

im to send my prelim letter today. just want to double check... can i send it to my branch or is there another address/department where i should send it? (sorry i have to ask another question that has probably been answered already, but i haven't got time to read all these thousands of threads because i got a very demanding 3 month old bambino. pls bear with me. i appreaciate all your help.)

Hi GW, you can send it to your local branch but it will be forwarded to head office anyway so you may as well send it there:)

PRELIM LETTER & LBA

Colin Langdale,

Senior Service Quality Officer

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds LS11 0PP

:)

Opps! sorry have only just noticed the dates on the top,we are at the same stage,let me know if you here anything and i,ii do the same

Domant

Interesting post, my last 2 statements have had the same 'arrangement fees added'.

THey did send me a nice letter confirming they had agreed to my request for an informal overdraft, i thought that was nice of them :rolleyes:

i must stop sleep typing, i obviously typed my request up one night when i was asleep & the pixies posted it, just lucky i got those little helpers !

So now when i wake up im going to have to add those extra charges to my claim, unless of course this is all a dream and i wake up in the shower and im rich ( or a fat cat banker ) :D same thing really

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Hey, GW will you please just add a note to colins letter saying CM says hi, just in case he forgets who i am lol

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

my husband requested for his 6 yrs statements from lloyds and they only gave him 4 years worth. together with it is a letter telling him if he wants the remaining statements, they are allowed another 40 days to supply it. is this correct? should my husband send them an LBA/non compliance letter?