harrythehawk v Halifax Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Already well on with this one and preliminary has gone in for £500 plus so just waiting for response/expiry then onto LBA. However, one little problem occurred with the SAR where I had asked for a transcript of a telecon I had with a "manager" where he made a number of comments regarding "penalty" charges, I was very insistent that this was provided and I received a Special Delivery letter from them advising that unfortunately this call WASN'T recorded ... well there is a surprise eh ??

Professional Halifax Loather

"In the dark, all cats are grey"

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

• 2 months later...

Well, I am a such an idiot, once again I believe a written promise from Halifax and once again they do not carry it through ...... MCOL now in progress. I have posted elsewhere the same old story, do not swallow a word this organisation says as they are just playing games, stick rigidly to timetables and carry out the procedure to the letter. To Halifax, we will pay you the full amount means nothing and they seem to think that it is some onerous complicated task to simply credit your account, far more complicated and time consuming as putting two more charges on within a month .... which they have done to me .... DON'T BE FOOLED PEOPLE OF CAG ... go out and get 'em

stick rigidly to timetables and carry out the procedure to the letter.

Couldnt of put it better myself :D :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 1 month later...

Well, another little twist in the tale today .... to update Halifax eventually folded and gave in with interest and this has come off the balance which remains in the red, however the court fee returned by cheque for £80, put into wifes defunct account which has 1p in it, wrote cheque to Mr Hawk for said £80 to put in his nice bank account ..... mr Hawk has shock when cheque returned, £6 charge added to his account !! Checked balance of Mrs hawk defunct account, it is light by £39 !!! Yes you guessed it Halifax Visa have been dipping !!!!

Now I am aware this can happen, however Visa account is still in dispute by way of prelim sent last month iro PPI repayment demand so very naughty indeed Halifax !! In addition I haven't even broached the subject of an improperly executed "application" form I received after my CCA in February !! Letter going off tomorrow requesting refund and payment of Mr Hawks charge due to account being in dispute and payment taken with no authorisation, this money was Mr Hawks who kindly provided it to me to take them to court in the first place, this was the fee I told them was not to be used as a payment on this account expressly in writing. In addition, if not returned complaints will go in to OFT, TS, FOS and of course the court as I have been robbed of my fee !! This way the investigation costs and hassle caused to them will outstrip what they have taken.

Will be recovering the other £41 today ........ lets see what they say, I hope by now they will have me marked as a person not to be messed with as I have already filed 3 times against them .... the 4th is on the way, just annoys me I have been caught with my pants down a little bit but when you are up against illegal tactics what can you do !!

Surprise surprise ..... computer generated letter due to cheque not clearing £39 charge will be applied to account .... rang monkeys in call centre to ask them to stop it until investigated ..... no .... well here we go again ..... letter already on the way, I loathe Halifax, total and utter arrogant imbeciles who do not know the meaning of the word customer service and will not listen to human beings but hide behind their enormous computers ..... you were wrong last time Howard and I beat you and it cost you .... expect the same again with "extra" ie this one is going to the FOS ...... rant over ..... guess you all understand !!

I understand!!!!!

Get it off your chest. They are unbelievable. Keep going, we are beside you on this!!

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

[email protected].

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

Thanks Kenny it is good to be amongst like minded people, one of the many things I love about CAG !! I don't know why they bother with Call Centres, just robots who don't help other than to wind you up with their scripts .... had the OFT case thing thrown at me to which I then discovered the guys lack of basic knowledge of Consumer Credit or Human Rights Act, which isn't surprising as the whole organisation seem to operate disregarding any relevant laws and legislation .... and adequate training of staff ..... I could go on :mad:

Did anybody else get the computer generated OFT letter from Halifax this weekend ?? Firstly it had no reference to what it referred to by way of account or complaint ! It was so loaded and implying the OFT are their best friends and that nobody is allowed to complain to the FOS about ANYTHING to do with bank charges !! What utter rubbish and it saddens me that this is what they resort to and sure some unsuspecting people will believe all this drivel and accept their charges without question. One little line also annoys me, "if your complaint isn't about Bank Charges and is about Administration Error then please let us know" ..... yeah right, why not read the letters I sent. I am sure any CAGers out there will treat this ridiculous letter with the contempt it deserves and march on regardless, I for one am quite glad as it goes into my file to be used against them when my FOS complaint does go in .... I have had two of the same letter this weekend, have two complaints lodged with them, both regarding activity on Credit Card accounts .... guess what ... letter fails to mention the OFT case only applies to Bank Accounts ..... Halifax, you have been rumbled yet again with your useless propaganda and trying desperately to hide behind the OFT won't make us go away, I do hope this comes back to haunt you !!

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

[email protected].

Thanks Kenny, I assumed some idiot had hit the send key on this letter to everyone who has dared complain about anything to Halifax ever ..... I was right !! ..... and not surprised !!

No probs!

[email protected].

PPI claims should not be affected, it is not an unlawful charge eg bank charge, it is a product, an insurance.

The credit card charges for exceeding your credit limit or direct debit refusal are diferent as those companies appear to be jumping on the band wago.

The PPI issue is about whether it was missold to you- you need to make a case on that. There is a very good thread on PPI, which I will post when I find it. It is good reading as has links to some successful cases and should help you.

Is your claim solely about PPI??

[email protected].

Yes, upon receipt of a copy of the application form (didn't send a true CCA but that is another quest I will embark on, powder being kept dry for when I really need it) it appears the box for PPI wasn't ticked, however it has been added to the account. Got to LBA stage with it but I am intending putting it through the FOS first. My prelim and LBA didn't mention anything about mis-selling but their acknowledgement referred to it as mis-sold ... which I thought was promising !!

• Haha 1

Right, you need to gen up on mis selling.

There is probably the option that if you can't resolve the PPI issue just now directly as its caught up, that as its nothing at all to do with the OFT case or bank charges, that you do it separately, with or without FOS involvement. :cool:

• Haha 1

[email protected].

Thanks Kenny, the claim is seperate, what I meant was that I simply asked for the return of the premiums as I never asked for the cover, however I didn't expressly say it was mis-sold, this was halifax who decided this. As for which route I go I have already filed at court 3 times with Halifax and won all three but it did drag on, this time the money will come off a balance so I won't be getting a big fat cheque and FOS is cheaper for me and I guess more expense for them !!

Well, today got a letter saying they had no record of their letter 9th August ????????? Well I do, it is here !! Or maybe they are denying sending it ......... the words arse and atlas spring to mind :confused:

When you sent your SAR, you asked for a copy of full banking history. That should have included copies of any insurance/ payment protection policies and consumer credit agreements. They have not done that, so that is also working in your favour.

[email protected].

• 1 month later...

Amazing, heard nothing and went well past the 8 week deadline so submitted my FOS complaint, this was acknowledged with a case number and said due to large volumes they would deal as soon as they could .... then letter arrives from Halifax upholding my complaint, premiums to be refunded to the account and shown on the next statement !!! Yay !!! Now doesn't say how much so until I find out and agree it (obviously since 1997 it is going to be a fair bit of money) and have the statement with the credit on it I will let the FOS complaint ride for now ...... not that I don't trust anything Halifax tell me ;)

• 1 month later...

Still no word on how much they are refunding ..... have sent a little reminder a couple of weeks back also advising my FOS claim remains open until I can agree this ....... tumbleweed ......... bell ........ more tumbleweed ....... not so long ago daily phone calls now ....... how times change eh ??

Well the refund has been granted against the balance which is still big but no longer enormous. Also, without warning or letter they have refunded the bank charge they generated by taking money without my knowledge, I am assuming that my complaint is up held !! Just need to get the actual money they took back now and also the £7 charge the bounced cheque made in my own account due to the original error ...... oh and my fully properly executed CCA .... no chance there !!

• 4 weeks later...

Here we go again .... I have my large refund with interest so the balance is well down, no sign of true signed CCA or my £47 ..... phone calls have started again grrrrr !! Tied some numpty in knots the other day, ended up best he could do was "why did you ever take this card out ?", "you are shirking your responsibilities" and ...... my favourite .... "you are out of your depth !!" ....... can't be arsed now ... whole suite of letters off today to everybody in the world, obviously I had already sent harassment/written communication only letter ... about 4 times this year !! Will see what happens, just have to stand the pain of call centre plebs for the time being .... they really are so stupid and under trained !!

If you are reading Halifax please please please please take me to court and get it over with !!

As you have already sent the harrassment letter, try now sending this one.

It should do the trick..;)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1038615.html

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 months later...

hmmmm interesting seasidelady, has this actually worked ? I have just had a "response" to say how sorry they are but in their view although they accept alternative forms of correspondence works better for some customers they think that in their experience telephone conversations are so much better ........ so they refuse to stop calling !!! As you can imagine I don't accept this utter rubbish, no mention in their response of the law ... oh hang on, no they monitor their calls so they are in line with regulatory requirements ...... fired off letters to TS (already aware) and now the Info Commissioner as they refuse to remove my data and continue to use it. Just shows the arrogance of these clowns and their we are above the law and any regulation and will just do what we like, at least I have this in writing, I think they have hung themselves with this latest letter, it is more or less a confession they will commit a criminal act, they may have well said we know you don't like being burgled but we think it is good for you and we will come round and break in ....... I would give up but I won't ....... while all of this goes on we are nearly coming up to the first anniversary of my last payment to them ...... tells you alot doesn't it !!!

Well well well, just spoken with Trading Standards, it appears they have already spoken to Halifax before christmas to tell them to stop calling and they said they would do so and take my number off the system !! Soooooo why do they send me a letter like this ?? The TS guy says he expected they should have told me this in writing .... which they didn't ...... now I know then !! Anyway, hopefully I should get this now as TS will contact them again, also they will remind them about the non-compliance with the CCA request too !! ......... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr