Black Horse - Can they charge me for that??!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About sixteen months ago I bought a used car on finance from a local dealer. The finance was arranged through Black Horse at a rate, due to my less than sparkling credit rating, that still induces nausea when I think about it. I desperately needed a car at the time so I had to go for it. A couple of months after that and the Law of Sod kicked in and I was made redundant from my job. I immediately informed Black Horse and we agreed an alternate repayment plan accompanied by the usual cautions and threats of blood-letting. It was a pretty worrying time for me so I was prepared, in a childish 'if i cant see it it doesnt exist' kind of way, to overlook, or rather ignore, the extortionate charges and penalties they were charging me. As well as the high interest each month (this was compounded, i think!), I was also charged £35 each month as a penalty. Naturally they defaulted me as well, which I thought was unnecessary considering I had contacted them as soon as my circumstances changed. Fast forward a few months and I am back in work and normal repayments are resumed. However, I asked them to change the repayment date to fit in with my new salary date. A month later I received a letter telling me that the altered repayment date had cost me £58! Of course they did not mention this when it was being arranged.

I asked them to send me a list of all the charges plus a statement detailing my repayments and the balance due. I have not received one even though I have asked several times. In fact I have not received any kind of statement at all. Is this normal practice?

If anyone has any thoughts on the above I would be very happy to hear them. Are these charges reasonable? Are they lawful?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and many thanks in advance for any comments, thoughts, advice you post in response to it.

James

Hi

I had a car finance agreement with Black Horse which I have just got out of through Voluntarily returning the car. I know they charged me when I changed my payment date and also if I missed a payment, and for putting a private plate on the vehicle.

I wonder if I can claim the missed payment charges back?

My thoughts exactly, tiaposy. if anyone knows please let us know. Although, surely, if bank charges of the same magnitude are deemed unlawful and unjust then so must penalties and charges from all lenders be similarly regarded?