Newbie needing some help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi you lovely people!

Just starting a claim against MBNA & am fighting Comet over after sales service issues.

However, last year I was very seriously ill and hospitalised, unconscious & fighting for my life at one point. As soon as I was able I made payments to my catalogue & credit card accounts - late but not missed payments and then claimed on my PPIs. All my claims were rejected as I had not made a payment in the 30 day period. At the time I was too ill to do anything but now it`s got me thinking. Can I cancel these PPIs as they seem a complete waste of money?

Also my illness is likely to lead to more spells in hospital and I can see the same thing happening again...any ideas?

Most grateful for your help. Lulusmf

Hi you lovely people!

Just starting a claim against MBNA & am fighting Comet over after sales service issues.

However, last year I was very seriously ill and hospitalised, unconscious & fighting for my life at one point. As soon as I was able I made payments to my catalogue & credit card accounts - late but not missed payments and then claimed on my PPIs. All my claims were rejected as I had not made a payment in the 30 day period. At the time I was too ill to do anything but now it`s got me thinking. Can I cancel these PPIs as they seem a complete waste of money?

Also my illness is likely to lead to more spells in hospital and I can see the same thing happening again...any ideas?

Most grateful for your help. Lulusmf

Hello,

Sorry to hear of your illness Yes I think I would cancel them immediately,

Just a thought before you became ill, your ppi payments were up to date,

So for example

1. if your payment was made on the 1st of the month, your ppi payment would carry you to the next 1st of the month. So you should be covered for that month.

2. What if you then became ill of the 2nd day of that month that you had already paid for. Your illness should be covered, should it not. and should they have paid out.

Any thoughts anybody

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW