barclays bank & whistleblower program??

ruskorod

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After watching the whistleblower program on barclays bank i decided to have a go and try to get my charges back from the bank regarding additions and additions plus account. having wrote a letter stating that i cant remember signing or verbally asking for these accounts ( although i know i have had them otherwise i would'nt of had my £500 overdraft) could you please refund them to me.. i recevied a reply today telling me that they cannot refund all my charges but are willing to refund 3 months worth of charges back...... is it worh persueing the matter for the rest of the money that totals to over £600???????

even thou i knew the the charges were for having an overdraft.......it seems to me ,that with barclays prepared to pay me 3 months worth back they might be prepaed to pay me the full amount back

rang barclays to confirm that i will be following up with a letter stating that wish to have all of my charges back and not just the 3 months worth they have already given me, and the woman on the other end of the phone says i dont have a chance of claiming all of my charges back and barclays will defend this one till the very end. do you think she might be bluffing or have i got a genuine case here folkes???????? many thanks in advance for all your help

i take it she was in customer service?

Ask her to ring their legal dept and find out how many claims they have 'defended to the very end'?

LOL I would not be surprised that she actually believes it too.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

rang barclays to confirm that i will be following up with a letter stating that wish to have all of my charges back and not just the 3 months worth they have already given me, and the woman on the other end of the phone says i dont have a chance of claiming all of my charges back and barclays will defend this one till the very end. do you think she might be bluffing or have i got a genuine case here folkes???????? many thanks in advance for all your help

The banks' every effort at the moment - ESPECIALLY Barclays - is to attempt to deter and dissuade claimants. They're not about to say "Yes, you'll get it all back and more if you take us to court", now, are they?!

Write your letters, raise your action if necessary, and you'll get all your money. Don't bother ringing them; all it achieves is winding you up.

I second that, in general front line staff are still blissfully unaware of the realities of the situation...

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.