I need help

dooley35

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I need help. I wrote to ltsb about late charges placed on my credit card. The amount of charges plus ltsb interest came to £300. Ltsb made no offer, so I started court action for £550. I received an offer from ltsb making an offer for £42. They claim they only have to pay the difference between £12 the OFT said they had to reduce their charges to and what they charged £20 so I only get back £8 on every charge.

WHAT DO I DO? do I accept the £42 or do I fight in the courts for the full amount. Will a Judge give me the full amount if I win? I have until 5th April to accept the offer. I have started court action on the 12th march against ltsb I do not have a court date yet. Ltsb have not filed a defence and I will apply for judgement on the 2nd april. What happens when I get Judgement against ltsb?

The offer of £42 was made by the bank they took six weeks to reply to my letter with the offer of £42.

Thanks

Dooley

Hi Dooley,

What stage are you at with your court action? Have you reached the AQ stage? Or are you more advanced and have a date for a hearing? At any rate, their offer is unacceptable. Its a common tactic to offer the difference between the charge and the the figure mentioned by the OFT. However, the OFT certainly did not say that banks are allowed to charge £12. Let us know what stage you are at, but I wouldn't accept £42.