Help with Nationwide charges!

jayboi2005

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Natinwide applied a charge of 30 to my account for a cheque that someone tried to debit from my account. There wasn't enough funds in the account so they refused the cheque.

I sent them your template with a few edits telling them this needs to be refunded. They refused! So now on the 11/04/2007 they will add the £30 to my account which will take the account in to -£30 plus a charge for an unauthorised overdraft. Can i just state that i am 17 so are they allowed to effectivley give me credit and allow the account to go minus? Also what can i do about them? I told them on the phone that the charge doesn't truly reflect their costs and they said oh well.

£405.18 Unauthorized CC transaction 18 months and counting (underway) HSBC BANK

£80 parking fine from private company WON!

hi jayboi, welocme to cag!!. i am almost sure that any person under 18 cannot be charged, i will try to find some info about this for you, in the meantime i would keep at them send the letters as advised on here, best of luck x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

That would be great if you could, it would be a real help!

£405.18 Unauthorized CC transaction 18 months and counting (underway) HSBC BANK

£80 parking fine from private company WON!

Guest xipetotec46

If someone tried to cash a cheque on your account and you did not issue the cheque then a case of fraud as taken place tell the bank that a fraudulent activity may have taken place, insofar as it was fraudulemtly issued ask them to investigate and not to levy any charges until the investigation is complete, then empty your account and find yourself another bank as nationwide are doing this stuff now they are paying millions out with claim back charges

I am not aware of the legal position relating to persons under 18 so I can't help you there. I work for Nationwide and yes there are LOADS of people claiming thier charges back, Nationwide are one of the orgs that are likely to close your account if you sue them. Although I dare say for a claim this small they not.

You have a choice of going to the Ombudsmen (after eight weeks or thier final response) or taking them to court. Pros and cons to each and there is ample info on here to help you decide, just read around a little.

Anywya this sounds a little too familiar better beat it in case you were in my branch! haha

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.