Nick V Mbna

nickt1976

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, could do with a little advice.

just recieved a letter from our good friends at MBNA this morning, a quite unbelievable letter.

heres the brief story of our claim so far:

SAR request sent 24/11/06.

reply from mbna 1/12/06 saying they were investigating our complaint and we would have a reply by 22/12/06.

letter from mbna apologising for delay and we would recieve reply by 22/1/07.

sent sent non commpliance of SAR letter 8/1/07 giving them a further 7 days to comply.

letter from mbna 23/1/07 thanking us for our letter dated 27/12/06 (dont recall sending this one!!!) saying our account had been legally assigned to link financial etc. but willing to send us a cheque for £768 as a gesture of good will for delay in providing info, never turned up......surprise!. they sent us some printouts of transactions etc and we calculated the charges to £763 plus interest.

now the stupid part....i phoned MBNA.

spoke to daniel friar who offered us the £768 + contractual interest + the 8% we would get at court, total £2178.47.

threatened court action if not resolved.

letter from mbna 2/2/07, offering the £2178.47 and the cheque would be made payable direct to us (not link) despite any impending court action by ourselves. the letter also stated that if we wanted a full SAR we would have to fil in the attached form that they hadnt attached and sent some id.

sent lba to mbna 21/2/07 stating we would accept he cheque for £2178.47 as a partial settlement as we still hadnt recieved the SAR. and included a schedule of charges.

22/2/07 sent CCA to link.

5/3/07 rely from link saying usual crap, the 'considerable confusion' line, and the £5.00 per statement rubbish.

letter from mbna 22/2/07 acknowledging photocopies of id and thanked us for the postal order. we actually sent the postal order 24/11/06 and they had only just discovered it aparently.

filed claim at court 1/3/07, deemed servd 3/3/07.

CCA letter sent to mbna 20/3/07.

mbna sent aplication form as 'true signed copy of agreement'.

mbna have while tomorrow to defend the claim.

got this letter this morning saying the following:

they are making steps to re-purchase account from link. they are going to re credit our account with £2188.47 (SAR refund included) and sent us a cheque for the difference between the outstanding account balance £1440.42 and total claim £2188.47 which makes it £748.05 and this makes our acount balance zero.

the 'charge off' status has been removed from our account.

they have arranged for default removal from credit file.

requested us to withdraw our claim.

dont think we'll be doing that!, just a bit unsure what to do next, any help will be greatly appreciated.

nick

Hi nickt1976. have a read of "Dca/Creditor issue-Mbna" thread. It should answer your questions. I'm sorry I can't give you a direct link to the thread (I don't know how to do it yet)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D