Land of Leather

valerieanne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Valarieanne,

Ok then here we go!!!

LOL would have claimed payment from the finance company the day that you took delivery. This means what ever the suite cost they would now have been paid by the finance company. The monies for the whole agreement are in the hands of LOL.

Any deposit you left them on the agreement should be returned to you by LOL. They will raise a refund for the deposit once the suite has been collected and inspected. They drag there heals here but allow 14 days to get your money back.

On the finance side if you have paid any monies over and above the cost of purchase then once the LOL have notified the finance company to cancel the agreement they will make arrangements to return any monies paid in by you (instalments only).

With reference to the balance cheque that you have sent to the finance company, you need to phone them up again and dispute the day they had received it as you had sent in plenty of time and state to them that you are being penalised for there error. Then go on to state that the agreement will be cancelled by the land of leather as the goods supplied are not of merchantable quality and has been inspected by them which means that not only is the LOL in breach of contract but you are as a finance company. Go on to state that the LOL said that they would notify them that the suite is under complaint and that you trusted them to do exactly that and that’s why you felt no need to write personally to them. If you ever have a complaint its best you notify all parties ASAP in the future.

As regards to any interest payments that the finance company are trying to get from you, you must state they are in breach and you expect these charges to be dissolved by them. If you have further problems with the finance company come back to me, as we are fully conversant with credit law.

NO WAY WILL THE FINANCE COMPANY CHARGE YOU INTEREST ON THE £150 AS IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FINANCE COMPANY. Keep your chin up, your almost there

Smiffie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay....

LOL Manager called me and basically they have done as you have said and will be terminating the contract as soon as I pay them the £150 usage charge....

So I pay them £150...within 10 days the suite is picked up...then Creation Finance send out £450 and cancel agreement so cannot obviously chase me for anymore.

Manager actually said they would prob fix it and re-sell so I should look out for it in the next few weeks, if I want to buy it back!! :eek:

So it hasn't turned out too bad, once I get the £450 I will add to that and go to [some other well known leather retailer] and buy another suite.

I have no idea what we will sit on in the meantime....:oops:

Thanks very much for all your help with this...to think they offered £100 originally!!!

Well done. Hopefully this is what you wanted. Why should you have to live with an exceptionally poor quality suite, in the longrun when you have purchased your new suite you will look back and say you have done the right thing. All the best and choose carfully. If you go onto google and type in (lets say Land of Leather) (the company you choose to buy your suite from) complaints (Land of Leather complaints) this may help you decide which store to purchase from as you can read all the complaints that other people have written about. If you do get another leather suite stay away from the Warranty as under Trading Standards laws a suite should be fit for the purpose for 6 years so the warranty is really worthless as it has very minor benefits such as seam splitting, stitching undoing, frame seperation (I would personally take the company to court on these issue's). Hope all goes well with your new suite. Kind Regards smiffie

Smiffie

Thanks smiffie. I have just purchased a lovely suite from DFS, it cost 3 times more than my LOL purchase so I am hoping all will be well with it.

DFS do not do warranty as they are confident their suites are okay ;)

Time shall tell...I will however have to go for 9 weeks with no suite!!!:eek:

Out of curiosity what store did you buy the suite from?

If I was you I would pay the usage charge and get them to pick that suite up as soon as possible.

So pleased for you. If you do buy another leather suite DO NOT WIPE THE SUITE WITH BABY WIPES. ONLY USE DREFT SOAP FLAKES OR LUX FLAKES (Pure soap) Do not rub the leather with a clothe just gently wipe if you get any marks or stains on it.

Take care and enjoy your new suite when you get it.

Smiffie

dfs | think sofas think dfs

Its this one here 2 seater and 3 seater.

I am paying £150 to LOL tomorrow and have asked to have it in writing thats agreement has been cancelled.

I have noted what you said about baby wipes as much as I am loathe to say it I think this may have been a factor in our discolouration, or at least quickened up the discolouratin of it.

Thanks lots again...without you I probably would have accepted the £100 they offered to start with and be left with an horrid coloured suite.

xx

No Problem, we only advised you done all the hard work, well done to you and Darren. LOL will never know you used wipes and as wise as you are keep it to yourself lol. I was just saying that incase you buy another leather suite (NOT FROM LOL). You are wise to get wriiten agreements from LOL as they can turn round and say "I didn't say that". Good Luck Luv smiffie

WELL DONE DARREN.

Smiffie