Should I Appeal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a parking ticket from TFL for parking on the red route. My car was photographed, but you could not see that I was parked in a designated loading bay, some how the bay did not show up ib the photo. Having returned to scene (just to ensure there was a bay) I wrote to TFL asking them to re-examine the evidence.

Today I received my response, stating that they agreed that I parked in a bay allowing for 20 minutes loading, but on inspection there was evidence of me loading. Do they have the right to define loading, as I most certainly unloaded my baby's buggy and reloaded the buggy and other items on my return to the car.

I am so fed up with being shafted for being a motorist.

I somehow feel that an appeal would be fruitless. You parked in a loading bay and unfortunately unloading then reloading a buggy with other activities away from the vehicle in between. They would define loading for example from a private vehicle as transferring heavy or bulky items which cannot be moved to the nearest parking space, and this must be in a continuous operation, not for a couple of minutes on arrival, then conducting other business before reloading 20 minutes later.

A commercial vehicle, or at a push an estate car clearly transferring bulky goods into a nearby premises would be more clearly viewed as being on legitimate business than a small saloon apparently taking a baby's buggy out, then going shopping. I agree about getting shafted, but personally would steer well clear of red route loading bays unless I am actually using them for commercial purposes.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

TfL don't define loading, it's defined in the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (as everything that appears on a road sign does). The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 Basically, loading always relates to the loading of goods, so a pram doesn't count. So it would come down to what the 'other items' you loaded were. Unless it's commercial goods I don;t think you have a chance. Sorry!