nickleeson vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey this is my first post on this forum and i'm hoping you guys can keep me right! :rolleyes: Im about to ask for the list of charges from the Halifax and noticed a few people got them through phoning and paying a fiver. Does the list they send out contain the complete information or is it a partial list? Just thinking I might be better to play it safe and just send the letter? Any advice would be great! Cheers!

Hi nickleeson.

Welcome to the forum. :D

Some people have been phoning for the statements, but now they are taking up to 6 weeks.

You can do it that way, but if you do please make sure you send the SAR letter aswell.

That way you are covered.

You get copies of the full statements.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

hi

i sent halifax a letter requesting the information and they sent out full statements to me and within the 40 days allocated . i think it may be best to write to them and sending the letter by recorded delivery for proof. i got over £2000 has full and final settlement from then with out any issues . good luck :)

Yeah thanks, I think I'll just send the letter after all. At least its a tried and tested process this way! Its gonna be a long wait! Thanks for the advice though folks. Great forum!!

It is the best way.

Let us know how you get on.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

hi

i sent halifax a letter requesting the information and they sent out full statements to me and within the 40 days allocated . i think it may be best to write to them and sending the letter by recorded delivery for proof. i got over £2000 has full and final settlement from then with out any issues . good luck :)

Hi

I've sent Halifax a claim for just over £1000 and they have replied saying that they have up to 8 weeks to investigate and respond to my complaint.

Did you get this delaying tactic and if so, how did you respond to it?

Badgerset

Just before I send my SAR i've read different things regarding the 40 days to get the info to us. Is it 40 working days from the cheque being cashed or just 40 days period? I'm posting it tonight so I'll keep you all posted how it goes with them. I'm claiming for my credit card too. God knows how much they owe me on that! :) cheers!

Hi

I've sent Halifax a claim for just over £1000 and they have replied saying that they have up to 8 weeks to investigate and respond to my complaint.

Did you get this delaying tactic and if so, how did you respond to it?

Badgerset

By law they have to supply them in 40 days. If they dont arrive in 40 days there are letters to send to make them comply.

So the day after you send them start your 40 day count down. You dont have to wait for them to cash the money. :)

F&Q's... Read here

• 2 weeks later...

I posted off my request for my bank charge details by recorded delivery 2 weeks ago. I've not had any reply and dont know if its been signed for as it doesnt come up on the track and trace section of the royal mail web site. I telephoned the halifax and they said they cant put me through to the department dealing with it as they dont have the number. Any ideas what i should do? The cheque hasnt been cashed yet and i dont know if they recieved my letter! :| Any advice greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my list of charges through for my account although not for my credit card. Can I just go ahead and claim for my current account while i wait for my credit card charges or is it better to do it all together? Oh and would it be worth phoning to see where my CC charges have went to? I take it they are dealt with seperately? Cheers!!:)

Hi Nickleeson,

I'm new to all this but have been told that you should treat each one separatly. I'll be claiming for 2 bank accounts and 1 CC.

I started the ball rolling on my CC claim this morning and couldnt belive how easy it was. I rang 01383 743 354 (a number i found on this site) and got straight through to a nice lady called Morag who will send them out free of charge.

Only trouble she said it's taking a bit longer than normal due to the amount of requests they're receiving, which is great in one respect!

Ok I've sent My request for the charges to be refunded on my current account just waiting for their reply. I'll try that number you gave me as i'm still waiting on my CC statements coming through. Cant hurt i suppose! Thanks peaches!

Do your credit card seperate.

Did you just get a list of charges or did you get your statements. If you paid your £10 SAR theen they HAVE to send the full statements.

F&Q's... Read here

I sent my SAR and put my CC and current account request for my ststements in the same letter on the 31st of March. I now have my current account statements and have sent away my initial letter asking for the charges to be refunded on my current account. Im still waiting on my CC statements coming through though. Do you think they got them as i sent it to trinity road but i assume the CC might be a different address?

same address. But if they dont arrive make sure you have the non compliance letter ready.

At least you can get started on the ones you have. Remenber to re check as it is so easy to miss a few.

F&Q's... Read here

Received a letter saying they will investigate my complaint and that they will get back within the next 4 weeks so I'm gonna send the LBA after the 14 days are up. I just wanna ask if this goes to court can i claim the 8%? I will be going through the Scottish procedure and just want to know if this applies. I am claiming for £320 so would the extra interest be £25.60 or is it 8% added on for every year from the first charge to the last one levied against me eg closer to £128? Thank you!

Yes you claim the 8%.

Once you are at court, then its yours. Also dont forget to add your £10 SAR Fee on to the list as you want that back aswell.

F&Q's... Read here