Barclaycard ***Success***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Barclays Bank has agreed to a full settlement of my claim including costs!

Prior to tackling Barclays, I had already successfully recovered bank charges from Intelligent Finance and the Co-operative bank using information from www.bankchargeshell.co.uk, the Govan law centre (Unfair UK Bank Charges Free help from Govan Law Centre, Glasgow) and the HMCS website. However, when Barclays filed a defence, I felt that I needed some more detailed information, particularly about the latter stages of the court process and that's exactly what I found on the ConsumerActionGroup website.

I would like to thank BankFodder for his new strategy for allocation questionnaires, in my case, the judge accepted the proposed directions and it made the possibility of an actual court hearing more remote. (I know that the banks don't normally turn up, but it doesn't stop you from worrying and you still have to prepare in case they do!)

I would also like to thank Bong for her inspirational thread about her case against Barclaycard, knowing what the other side were likely to do before they did it was a big help. In addition, Bong inspired me to apply to the court for costs to be awarded and to ask for them as part of the out of court settlement which Barclays agreed at the eleventh hour.

Thanks also to; Bookworm for the Basic Court Bundle, to jonni2bad for his guide to completing allocation questionnaires, to GaryH for his Statement of Evidence and to everyone else who has helped me in my claim.

A nice juicy donation is already winging its way to BankFodder's war chest...

Next job, recovering the charge for the PPI (that was mis-sold to me) by GE Crapital - (Another organisation who I believe, pride themselves on the level of customer dis-service that they provide).

Buggerlugs:-D

Pre CAG:

Intelligent Finance - Judgement in default, settled in full 13/09/06 (£690.17)

Cooperative Bank - Full out of court settlement 12/12/06 (£2426.50)

Settled after first LBA - now that's what I call cooperative!

Since Join CAG:

BarclayCard - Full settlement including court fees, interest and cost! 29/03/06 (763.93)

It only took 6 months!