Claiming interest - letter wording

dippy_chick

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

I'm just about to send my Letter Before Action to the HSBC, but I'm confused at the wording in the draft.

I've read posts here that say you shouldn't claim the interest until you go to court, however, the draft includes wording that claims the interest? Should I just follow the draft word for word?

I calculate that you have taken £XXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX.

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the [XXDATE OF FIRST LETTERXX]

I should have asked this when I sent my preliminary letter, but I just fudged an edit and removed the part pertaining to the interest.

Thanks In Advance

the interest part of the draft is relating to overdraft interest NOT the 8% statutory interest which you don't claim for until you file your claim in court. if you haven't included overdraft interest in your spreadsheet - then rightly so, just edit the letter to best suit you.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!