Memo v Lloyds TSB

memo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I am new to all this:eek: , just started claiming back form Lloyds TSB(£1035.51). Sent letter to bank on the 5th March, received no reply. Reading Jaffacups' post, I have done the same thing. My letter only included charges to date,however since sending the initial letter I have received a new statment with £70.00 added in new charges. Should I start the process over again or can I send in the next stage letter with the new charges added on?

Read an article in the Daily Mail the other day about a deadline looming and the OFT decision?? any one have any info on this.

Hi and Welcome!:)

You can add on any new charges up to the point of filing your Court claim, so just carry on and send the LBA.

Have a read of the following about the OFT decision:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/70359-about-oft-not-so.html

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hello Barty, Thanks for your prompt reply it has saved me a lot of time. after posting I found the link to the OFT decision, Will keep you informed.

Memo:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just a quick update. :?

Letter requesting refund-6th March 2007, no reply

LBA -31st March- deadline ends 14 April 2007

12th April received letter from LTSB,Andover(my cash) informing me that their charges are fair and I will not be getting a refund. They point out and I quote "The Office of Fair Trading has published new guidelines on credit card default charges. We're still talking it through with them, but the important point is that the guidelines are about 'default' charges that people pay when they break an agreement with us. This doesn't apply to your charges as these were for dealing with your request to go over your agreed overdraft limit. They are not default charges because you haven't broken your agreement. They are our prices for the service we provide in these situations." Ms Gilbert also gives me a deadline of the 5th June to reply after which she will close my 'file', though she will of course reopen it should I come back to her after this date. Why bother with the date in the first place!

My point is, I have made application to have eleven seperate charges refunded, Ms Gilbert is saying that on each occasion I have asked for an increase, I have had the same overdraft limit for at least the last five years.

Any advice would be most appreciated, due to file Court papers on Monday.:mad:

Ignore it and file the claim - standard letter :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

You are welcome - lots of people to help you around here if you get stuck :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....