angie vs abbey

angie46

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, this is my first posting.

Ive had a year of hassle with Abbey so far in trying to reclaim charges that they took from my account between 29/12/00 and 03/09/01. I sent them my first letter asking for details of charges for the last 6 years in March 2006 and it took them until November to comply.

As soon as I received them I sent off my prelim letter asking for the charges to be returned, followed by my LBA.

I issued a claim online on 6th march and ive had the standard letter back from Abbey to say that they are defending the case but there is a line on their defence that I havent seen before and that is "The Defendant denies that the claimant is entitled to claim charges and interest prior to 6 March 2001 by reason of the Limitation Act."

I thought that my claim was valid from the date of the first letter I sent back in November and if they are right I will lose a large propotion of my claim. Im especially hacked off as if it hadnt been for their delaying tactics I would have got my claim in much earlier.

Can they really do this? Can someone help as I am really worried about this.

Hi angie,

The six years starts from the date of your first letter, and lots of people have successfully argued that you can go back beyond the six year limitation.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.