should I accept refund of SAR fee?

Teresa G
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the beginning of March I sent my SAR and £10 fee to Abbey. I had also done this last August but did not follow it up.

This time I recieved a standard letter stating 'sorry you have a complaint'.

Then yesterday I recieved another letter staying they have requested my account information, and as a gesture of good will they will refund my 2 x £10 fee, and deposit it into my account within the next two weeks.

Should I accept this? Is there a catch? Does anyone trust banks? Lol:rolleyes:

Teresa G

I have not hard of thsi being done before but in light of the current situation with the banks I would be very wary of accepting the refund.

It may well be a genuine goodwill gesture but I have doubts.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Hi,

I think it depends on the banks. Abbey took my £10!!! & sent me my statements. HSBC returned my £10 cheque with a note to say they didn't make a charge for the information I'd requested. Studio cards credited my £10 as a payment on my outstanding account!!!!

Make sure you keep hold of their letter as proof that you've done everything by the book just in case you have trouble getting the information, & have to pursue it through the court.

Villafan

i think that I would write back and thank them for their refund of #10 for the Subject Access Request that you sent them but state that they still have only 30 days or however many are left to comply. Just so that there is no ambiguity :D

• Haha 1

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

i think that I would write back and thank them for their refund of #10 for the Subject Access Request that you sent them but state that they still have only 30 days or however many are left to comply. Just so that there is no ambiguity :D

Many thanks 4 your help.

Teresa G :)

oiuy