Jump to content

Settlement .... Do I accept???? HELP!!


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi I've put in a court claim for my sister, however a letter was recieved a couple of days after offering about 80% of the money not sure if this was a cross over in the post or they got scared!!!! My sister is desperate for the money and is inclined to accept the 80% which excludes court fee and interest..... I told her to wait but her situation at the moment means she can't .... if she makes an acception now is there any way she can write and say she will accept the money but is still pursuing for the rest???? :?



Link to post
Share on other sites

you could accept as partial settlement only as you have filed your claim in court and incurred further costs and interest. tell them that you will continue to recover the rest of the money - however, this will take more time to get back as they are so busy.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Link to post
Share on other sites

It wouldn't be a problem to wait as they need the bulk of the money now anyway and it would be a further £600 approx that they would be waiting for.... they just didn't want to loose that extra by accepting the offer now.

Thank you for replying


Helen :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't know whether they would pay what they are offering now though if you don't accept in full. rather let you wait and claim all of it back - that could be a couple of months away. i'd be inclined to wait and get it all back - it's your money after all.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Link to post
Share on other sites

probably too late, i've just caught up with this one - but i'd be inclined to send this letter:



Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement


Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court


I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX


Unfortunately your offer has failed to include my court filing fee of £120 and therefore I am unable to accept your offer as full and final settlement until you agree to refund this amount. The total amount I would accept if refunded immediately is £XXXXX


As soon as I receive confirmation from you that you agree to this increased figure I will accept the new offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.


I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim of £XXX


I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.


I look forward to receiving your revised offer

Yours Sincerely





if you really need to take the offer - try this to get the filing fee out of them but i think you'll have to suck up on the interest - that's the result of not waiting it out - but i think you'd have a good chance at the filing fee. good luck and believe me - i understand that not all peeps are in a postition to wait these things out. that last bit is a little cheeky bit added - you could add your interest charges in there - you won't get them - but you might feel better about it!

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...