Cityguy v Capital One

Cityguy23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

he guys,

wonder if anyone could help?

My account with capital one was closed when i paid a settlement figure, but because i didnt pay everything i owed, just the settlement figure £178 still shows on my account but they said they wont chase me 4 it.

So sent off for my statement and worked out they owe me £220 in charges, so sent my prelim asking for my account to be credited and the remaining money sent to me by cheque.

Just checked my balance and they have credited me £88, whats that all about?

Phoned them up and they said ive had a few charges refunded! But i asked for £220 not £88.

Any help would be appreciated

Cityguy

It sounds to me as though they've refunded the difference between the charges applied to your account (probably £20) and the £12 maximum charge now permited. They should have notified you of this in writing, might be an idea to phone them and ask for it to be explained. If this is the case you should make them aware that this refund will be accepted only as a part payment and that you WILL be persuing the remainder, through the courts if neccessary.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

yeah thats what they have done, i just checked and there are 11 charges each £20, they have refunded me £8 a charge which brings the charge to the set amount by the OFT £12.

Well i will wait for there letter to arrive and see what it says, my LBA is going Tuesday and im going to tell them that unless i recieve the full amount i will start a claim, plus i want my default notice removed and will go all the way with this one until i get my money and defualy notice removed.

Cityguy

ok guys, when i got home there was letter off capital one.

It said they have reduced the fees that i was charged from £20 to £12 and have refunded the difference.

Im not going to accept this, there was no mention of the default i asked to be removed from my credit file either.

Has anyone got an idea what i could send them next as my LBA is due to be sent in tonights post?

thanks cityguy

Send your LBA as this falls within the timescales you've layed out. You should aslo send them a rejection of settlement letter to indicate that you will be persuing the claim for the full ammount.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• 3 weeks later...

sent my LBA, and rejected there offer (they reduced the charges to £12)

last night received a letter saying "sorry u feel like this and sorry your going to take court action but we beleive our charges are far and insist that the £88 we offered is our final offer"

going to file MCOL on Tuesday, im a week late with my MCOL because dont get paid till tuesday, hope that doesnt affect it.

Im also asking that they remove the default notice, do i write that on MCOL?

cityguy