Keithyboy v Barclays

keithyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great site!

I'm about to throw my hat into the ring with Barclays and have a couple of nagging doubts.

1. When I send them the letter demanding my wedge back, will they write back saying bugger off and, by the way, please repay your overdraft?

2. Do Barclays generally close accounts as a result of claims and, if so, at what point?

If they do either of the above after the claim has been settled I won't be too concerned because I reckon the returned fees will more or less clear my overdraft anyway.

Great site!

I'm about to throw my hat into the ring with Barclays and have a couple of nagging doubts.

1. When I send them the letter demanding my wedge back, will they write back saying bugger off and, by the way, please repay your overdraft?

2. Do Barclays generally close accounts as a result of claims and, if so, at what point?

If they do either of the above after the claim has been settled I won't be too concerned because I reckon the returned fees will more or less clear my overdraft anyway.

Hi Keithy - I can't say what will happen in your case but i had a large overdraft with Barclays and they did not demand repayment during my claim.

They can close your account but i don't believe that Barclays are particularly well known for doing that.Well they haven't closed my account and i won my claim.

Hope that helps

Best Wishes

Sandbag.

Not in there intrest to close your account. As if the money is still in an account with them then its keeping their business alfloat.

They use our money to generate income so ( correct me if i am wrong ) so closng the account is like shooting yourself in the foot.

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to send in my request for statements/details of charges this week. Should I be looking to open a new account anywhere at this stage? My credit history is OK so I don't think I'd have trouble but I doubt I'll match my current overdraft limit.

The Leicester address is fine for requesting your statements, and I would open a parachute account now, so you know you defo have one and if anything untoward happens you're covered! Generally Barclay's don't close accounts or stop overdraft facilities, so you should be ok!:) They've not done anything to me and I should get a court date soon well soonish!!!!:D

Tori

• 2 weeks later...

Its 40 calender days, but as they are getting soooo many requests they may take a little longer, so I would prepare to wait about 45-50 max and then if you've not recieved them then take further action, if you have too, but you never know they could be very good and send yours on time!!!!;):D

Tori

• 1 month later...

make sure you look for

UNAUTH O/D

UNPAIDS OUT

PAID REFERRAL

then put all the charges into http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

just fill in the 1st 3 columns if using the simple spreadsheet .... the next 2 columns work themselves out