• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Standingupformyself v Barclaycard 'WON'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I have started the process, cant wait to receive the statements and get the ball rolling. Sent off cheque and SAR recorded delivery, However the letter still has not been signed for.. post office stamped 19.3.07 Is this another delaying tactic? I will keep you posted

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent my SAR to the Pavillion address, Northampton.... Would it make any sense to send future correspondance to a branch of Barclays?

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Hi there,

I sent my SARS to B'card & the 40 days was up today & I have recieved a BIG FAT ZERO!!!

Despite getting an acknowledgement letter by a Gail Gray dated 1st March stating that she "will ensure statements will be sent out within the 40 day legal time limit".

Pff - cant trust any of 'em!!!

Complaint going out to B. Ombudsman next.

I think any of us with anything with Barclays on it have some tough times ahead as they are renowned for hanging on to their money - however it feels ten times more pleasurable when they are forced to give us OUR money back!!!:D

I sent my SAR to the Pavillion address, Northampton.... Would it make any sense to send future correspondance to a branch of Barclays?

Hi - I spoke to Barclaycard Customer Relations (0161 200 7476) yesterday they, unlike Barclaycard, were v helpful.

They advise that SAR letters go to:

Data Protection Team

Department LRC

Barclaycard

Northampton

NN4 7SG

(Cheque for £10 made payable to Barclaycard)

Hope that helps and good luck. :-) :-)

PS I have a thread started the other day in the Barclaycard section of Barclays Bank. There have been a few helpful; hints on there which you might also find helpful.

I don't know how to link this reply to those threads though :confused:

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to NatWest 30 March 07

Statements received 2 May

SAR sent Barclays 30 March 07

SAR sent Barclaycard 30 March 2007

SAR sent RBS 5 April 2007

Barclaycard have still not signed for my letter yet (according to Royal Mail web site) and it was posted 19th March. How can I send a reminder if they have not even seen the original letter yet? Any advice?

I sent mine on the 14th of March 2007 and no signature.. The royal mail actually said it was common that many didn't get signed for when they did a bulk delivery to a large business.

In any case.. Proof of posting is enough in court...

I'Ve just phoned Royal Mail and was told it could take up to 15 working days that is rubbish for 1st class post.

As Victor Meldrew would say " I don't believe it" That is rubbish for 1st class :o :o

But my SAR (sent to B/C last Friday) hasn't been signed for as yet (though the 2 others sent at the same time - to Nat West and Barlays were both signed for on Monday).

Interesting to see the comment (above) from animaleyes76 re proof of posting - can he/she elaborate a little - Please !!

I can only say what they told me and I am Very Very Anoid

I wasn't 'moaning' at you Enaid !! That is terrible 'service' by the RM.

From what I have read on this forum if you are in court and have your recorded/signed for slips and they are stamped correctly then that is proof enough that the letters were sent to the defendant/bank in the event that they deny receiving them.

In any case. By the time you reach that point you will have sent full details of the claim to their solicitors. I've not yet seen a bank state in their defence that they didn't receive the 1st claim, LBA letters and that the claimant hasn't given them ample chance to respond.

• Haha 1

Thanks animaleyes76 !! Don't worry, I have the recorded/signed for slips. :p Just interesting that other organisations seem able to sign - Barclaycard dont, from my experiences, seem particulary interested in customer relations - Ho hum!!

Interesting turn of events, posted off my SAR request 19.3.07, still hasn't been signed for though! Yesterday emailed Adrian Whalley, as I found his name somewhere on one of these threads, Today I receieved statements from June 04 to present..... prior to the date they are on microfilm and the information I require should be with me in the next 6 weeks or so....and the requests have been sent to me as a GOGW, anyway it's an excellent start, as I only first got this Barclaycard in Dec/Jan 04 so think I now have all the information I need to get going. I will post back later on and let you know...

I agree, I would stick to my timetable and create a major fuss at the end of my 40 days, however I am only missing about 4 statements from when I first opened my card and am pretty sure that there are no charges there anyway.

Please help anyone. I have calculated my charges and they add up to £660.00 the spreadsheet helped me work out the 8% interest. However when i put my first letter in, am I right in thinking that I do not mention the 8%, but I can calculate and mention the contractural interest. If that is right then I really need some help with this, spreadsheets are really not my thing......... All help gratefully receieved. It is 3.45 now on Thursday, so I hope to get this worked out correctly tonight and tomorrow and get it in the post on Easter Saturday.

Happy Easter all xx

Another question, If I request a copy of my CCA agreement then I can tell whether I agreed to have the PPI added to my account I presume? I have been paying it, and really cannot imagine that I asked for it....

I think they must have done the same with me. Have you claimed yours back? Is it possible to? If so, how?

This is starting to get very interesting !!!!!

Interesting turn of events, posted off my SAR request 19.3.07, still hasn't been signed for though! Yesterday emailed Adrian Whalley, as I found his name somewhere on one of these threads, Today I receieved statements from June 04 to present..... prior to the date they are on microfilm and the information I require should be with me in the next 6 weeks or so....and the requests have been sent to me as a GOGW, anyway it's an excellent start, as I only first got this Barclaycard in Dec/Jan 04 so think I now have all the information I need to get going. I will post back later on and let you know...

standingupformyself - Have you got Mr Whalley's e-mail details as a back up for me ?? Private message if you can't post it on here - Thanks a lot :)

I found it on someone elses thread!!!!! Good Luck, 'cos he didn't reply to me, although he may have read it

[email protected]

Thanks Standing !!!

Hopefully I won't need to try it - but I'm not holding my breath!!

Hi there everyone. My Intention is to send off my first letter today with Vampiress's spreadsheet with the 29.4% interest. I realise that I do not mention the 8% interest at this point. However, how I do I calculate the 8% for my own records? Can someone have a look at my 24.9 calculation before I send it off please? Maths has never been my strong point... Thank you all so much

Ok, all done!

Am off to the Post Office now, recorded delivery of course, to post my LBA to Barclaycard. I am claiming £660, plus £215.50 interest (24.9%) Feeling anxious and excited !!!!

Wish me luck !!!