Gev vs Abbey

Gez

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having read through the threads by bong, livelylad & winlkinson, I have decided to take on Abbey on behalf of my old folks. They reckon they paid thousands back in the early 1990s & it nearly destroyed them. God knows what this might turn into if we apply their 28.7% CI. It might turn into a hell of a battle, but we'll give it our very best!

Full SAR sent yesterday, lets see if they get the data.

Result No1 already. Just found a box full of statements in the loft. Not sure exactlt what's there, we'll go through them this evening.

Hi Gev.

A word of warning.

If you decide on that approach, you must be aware that the bank will defend the claim, vigorously, on both the statute of limitations and as regards contractual interest. It will not be a quick process but could drag on for months.

Also, it is very doubtful if it would be settled out of court.

If you are prepared to go head to head with barristers, then you are going to have to do a lot of research, beforehand. If you have any doubt regarding your ability to argue your case in court, then I would advise against it.

If you decide to take the bull by the horns then I suggest you speak to Bong and ask her advice.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you luck with your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks Rooster. I am under no illusions about what I am about to undertake. I will be spending the next couple of months learning as much as I can about how to use the limitations act & gathering whatever info I can get my hands on. I reckon it might take that long to get the data anyway, if at all.

I know it will get complicated & might ultimately prove too difficult for me, but I will give it my absolute best.

I actually have a much much smaller claim for a friend going back to only 1999 that I might do first. We already have all the statements & it might at least help to learn & prepare.

Thanks again for your input :)

PS: Could a moderator please edit my title, I made a typo with my own name! :p