No Statutory Obligation to record information???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally, after almost 40 days I have received a reply to my letter for subject access request from HBOS. [Halifax]

Simply they say that duplicate statements have been ordered and will be sent out. BUT .. they then go on to say * I regret HBOS plc is under no statutory obligation to record information on manual intervention of your account* - *I am unable to assist further with your request*

Does anyone know if it is actually and technically a Statutory Obligation to record manual intervention of bank accounts and does the fact that HBOS is registered in Scotland have any further legal implications?

It seems like an abrupt and strange sort of letter and I suspect that HBOS does have to record this information??

Can anyone advise me please? :)

UG-GR

IMO its not an issue whatsoever!! The reason you ask for them to highlight any charges that involved MANUAL intervention is so that they can show you any charges that required them to do more work (therefore costing them more money and validating such a charge). The pure fact that they have not/will not/can not show this means that you can claim for ALL unfair charges.

You gave them the opportunity, if they have not supplied the information then......stuff them claim it all back. This will just show the judge that you tried to be fair at every opportunity!!!

Gooders

PS On a personal side nail them for all you can, HBOS are "utterly,utterly useless" and the more people that hit them where it hurts the wider my smile gets!!! A bit personal but hey..........

If I have helped tip my scales:)

I am not a legal eagle, professional accountant, [problem] artist or axe murder so please bear in mind that my advice is just that advice from someone in the same boat as you.......

Claims:

Lloyds TSB Acct 1 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d/Statements received/£2500ish to be claimed + contractual interest

Lloyds TSB Acct 2 - *WON* over £5K won with compond CI at 28.9%

Lloyds TSB PPI *WON* - CCA'd/They cant find agreement/£2650 awarded

Halifax TSB Closed account issues*WON* - £610 in compensation for an account closed with £10 in it!

Student Loans - 20 Feb 07 CCA'd/on back burner for now

Hmmm seems Im on the right end of winning, God that feels GOOD!

Gooders, thanks for this useful information! I was going to do some research to discover what exactly *Manual Intervention* is about, to help paint a clearer picture. But you have done that for me, excellent!

Amazing how the attitude of the Banks change when you are not buying *products* from them ... I'm an undergraduate of Law and understand the Law of Contract and UCTA etc ... but I need to familiare myself with the finer points.

Actually it amazes me how the Banks or their Risk Advisors use legalese to help cloud the understanding of any correspondence from their institutions, thus making it as difficult as possible for the average man in the street.

Once again thanks for your advice!

UG-GR