8K credit card debt!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just joined the site after reading these forums a few times and you guys seem so cool.

Ok then my story goes in the summer of 2003 I was caught unaware when coming out of a bank after making a cash withdrwal, and a lady stopped me and asked me if I was interested in a credit card, I said no to start with and walked past, then she called me back and said her job was is in danger if she didnt get enough people applying, she said just apply and rip the card up when you get it if you dont want to use it.

Anyway I agreed and she asked me the questions while she filled in the application form. I recieved the card with £1100 limit on it about a week later. Anyway a few months later I was pretty skint and used the card to feed my gambling habit and soon the card was maxed out, then the limit was upped to £1900, £3100, £5200, and then £6950. Last July the card became maxd out (again) and this time no letter offering to up the credit card limit. I could no longer afford the min payments of around £160 a month. The card was 90% used to feed my gambling addiction.

9 months later the debt stands at £8000 (added interest since last July) and is now with a collecton firm.

Im getting the letters asking for full payments, threats of legal action, door to door collector calling, they have left a few messages ony answering machine wanting me to contact them.

Im pretty sure I never signed anything apart from an application form so not sure wether they have a CCA.

I have no taxable income at the moment and only have a car of value.

I have no other debts or any other credit cards, no one else stupid enough to give me then.

any advice welcome, thanks in advance

Mark

p.s if i had 8K id pay them tomorrow

As this is a credit card debt. it is covered by the CCA, 1974. Therefore, you need to send a CCA request to the company chasing you for payment.

If they are attempting to collect on behalf of the original creditor, then the account will be passed back to them and you can then re-claim any unlawful charges to bring the outstanding amount down.

If the account has been sold, then without a CCA.... they are not legally allowed to pursue you for payment until it can be produced and re-enforced in court.

There is also a letter re. telephone harrassment... I will go and get some links and post back in a moment...

:)

The link for the CCA request is here :

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

Scroll down to Letter N... send by rec. delivery and keep the receipt, as this is your proof that a request has been made.

The link for the unwamted 'phone calls is here :

Harassment by telephone - response letter

As before... send it be rec. delivery and keep the receipt.