catalogue late payment charges

trazen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have been charged £30 for a late payment from a catalogue and they are constamtly phoning me for payment .

the payment was 2 days late and i have finished paying for all the goods i have had .

are they within their rightts to make this charge on me and is there anything i can do to not pay it, i think its a bit of a rip of really as all my payments have been made.

thanks in advance

This is exactly the same "Penalty Charge" issue as with credit cards. I successfully claimed back (I think it was) £90ish from "Simply Be" (another catalogue) in late payment charges. Let it rip, my friend, let it rip.

a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a.

Errm... sorry I forgot to give you any actual practical advice.

I think you should write back to them stating that you can confirm that as you believe their £30 to be a punitive charge then it is irrecoverable at Statute and Common Law and that you will not therefore be paying it. State that you now regard the matter as closed and that you will not enter into any further correspondence regarding it. A very short letter should do it...

By the way - by refusing to enter into any correspondence you are not (as I used to think) refusing to read any more letters; you are refusing to REPLY to any more letters...

• Haha 1

I was charged £10 'admin fee' from Virgin Media (formerly Telewest) this week as I forgot to pay my bill. Only reason I forgot is because they didn't send a bill but that's another story.

I have paid this but can I still write to them requesting for this back?