CCA request - from O/C and DCA?

ajjars

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I don't think I have come across this question before, but apologies if it has been covered somewhere (probably has tho - knowing this site!).

If you CCA the original creditor, and the debt collector and the original creditor complies, but the debt collector does not, is the debt collector in non compliance and therefore in default? Or does the fact that the O/C complied negate the need for the DCA to comply?

All thoughts welcome!!

Cheers Ajjars

Hi all,

I don't think I have come across this question before, but apologies if it has been covered somewhere (probably has tho - knowing this site!).

If you CCA the original creditor, and the debt collector and the original creditor complies, but the debt collector does not, is the debt collector in non compliance and therefore in default? Or does the fact that the O/C complied negate the need for the DCA to comply?

All thoughts welcome!!

Cheers Ajjars

A CCA is a CCA, no matter who supplies it

Just hate every DCA out there

Sorry,

Think you may have mis-understood my Question. Although the o/c has supplied the CCA ( but not a proper one, as the case may be) does the DCA still have to supply one as well? Or can I report them when they have gone over the 12+2 days and one calendar month? The point i'm trying to make is do I still have to deal with the DCA as the o/c complied with the request or can I tell them to take a running jump cos they haven't come up with the goods??

Cheers, Ajjars.

Sorry,

Think you may have mis-understood my Question. Although the o/c has supplied the CCA ( but not a proper one, as the case may be) does the DCA still have to supply one as well? Or can I report them when they have gone over the 12+2 days and one calendar month? The point i'm trying to make is do I still have to deal with the DCA as the o/c complied with the request or can I tell them to take a running jump cos they haven't come up with the goods??

Cheers, Ajjars.

It's a good question and not sure if it's one I can answer correctly without an element of doubt on my behalf...Am sure someone will cme along to let ou know for sure..If the CCA request to the OC hasn't been adhered to correctly then I'd guess that DCA would be in default but I must stress that it'd only be a guess on my behalf...Sorry I cant help further.

Just hate every DCA out there

i would argue that if the DCA doesnt supply the CCA i would tell them to take a hike and refer it back to their client, and then deal with the client directly.

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html