Question: Claiming Interest

Capitulator
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick q. here if someone can help.

I paid off an existing debt which included unlawful penalties by a balance transfer in 2004.

Can I claim contractual interest on the penalties from then up to now or only up til I paid off the balance in '04 ?

Tim aka Capitulator

• 2 weeks later...

hi i am looking at someof vampiress spreadsheets and have aquestion..

is contractual interest claimble on just the overdraft interest and not other charges when sending first letter requesting charges back...

also when filing cliam ,can you claim c on tractual interest on charges plus interest ..and send in one sheet for 8% interest on charges and one

for 8% contracual interest on the charges plus interest ...

You claim CI on the whole claim, charges + interest. If the bank has charged you £38 + £1.35 interest, then they have unlawfully taken £39.35 from you. You apply interest to £39.35. However before you go ahead & do a claim using CI, you should read up as much as you can & understand why you are claiming it, because you will need to explain this to the court.

NW, you have lost me with that last question........

To put it simply though, you can't go for 8% and contractual. Either contractual from prelim stage or 8% in court. Not both.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

OH WELL THAT s a really shame then isnt it ..so an idea would be to check and see which would result in the best return/claim.

but ive checked as a test and both seem to come up with same amount of interest now is that strange or just me

you can't possibly work out contractual interest on that one!?!?

NW, use this one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

1.8 is the previous version, further through the thread there is a 1.9.

This spreadsheet can calculate either option - CI or S69.