Please Help feel like im sinking..!

jolajo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Struggling need HELP??

It seemed soooo easy reading the posts!!!!

4 weeks i've been tying myself up in nots trying to come to a total with my second account, claiming aprox £2,500-£3k. I find myself following advice from forum to forum, then get lost,forget where id come from and what i was looking for????

I have managed to fill a court claim form with a couple of probs i need resolving before done, can anyone ans them to help me out? Greatly appreciated if can,

Prob 1; The examples I have come accross for 'description of claim' section, all seem too long for the number of lines or letters can use. I am now worried i have missed something out of importance?

Prob 2; cant fathem this 8% out ?? Claim 1/2 goes back to 2001, so do you calculate for the period the account was running or to date claim is sent off??

Prob 3; claim include any issues under Human Rights act????

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, don't panic i had the same problem when i filled in my form onlline. I've pased a copy of the particulars of my claim in so that so can have a look at what i wrote:

I contend that: The charges debited to my

bank account are punitive in nature; are

not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred

due to any breaches of contract; exceed any

alleged actual loss to the Defendant and

are not intended to represent or related to

any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly

enrich the Defendant which exercises the

contractual term in respect of such charges

with a view to profit. The contractual

provision that permits the Defendant to

levy such charges is unenforceable by

virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in

Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the

Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the

common law. Accordingly I claim: The return

of the amounts debited in respect of

charges in the sum of £XXX; Court costs;

and Interest under section 69 County Courts

Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from

xxx (date)to xxx (date) of £xxxx and also

interest at the same rate up to the date of

judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate

of xxp (amount in pence)

Fill in your own blanks with the xx's if you want. I took a while for me to jig things around to keep within the word limit whilst still keeping the important stuff in. Plus i noticed that every time i was happy with it extra spaces and blank lines kept appearing that was using up character space so i had to keep going back and deleting them (a glich in the system i guess)

Question 2: Go to the library section and download the excel spreadsheet. It will work it all out for you in you put in all your dates and charges

Question 3: there is no need to claim under human rights violation

Hope this helps and good luck !!

• Haha 1

Struggling depressive needs HELP??

It all seemed soooo easy reading the posts!!!!

4 weeks i've been tying myself up in nots trying to come to a total with my second account, claiming aprox £2,500-£3k. I find myself following advice from forum to forum, then get lost,forget where id come from and what i was looking for????

I have managed to fill a court claim form with a couple of probs i need resolving before done, can anyone ans them to help me out? Greatly appreciated if can,

I just want to say good luck, I know it's not easy but we will all get there in the end!

I will gladly donate 5% of reclaimed charges to CAG!

Thank you Very much

Bonnita for the time spent answering my post, to help me and

Reznor for your support. Already I feel like a weight has lifted knowing there is help out there and people that care. Be warned though i'll be looking for you's next time I have a problem !! only joking, thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

Everthing is going wrong I just spent half hour doing post only to loose it! I think im cursed every time i attempt to get further on I hit a problem?

Can somebody help PLEEEEZE, and check these claims and ans bits where stuck?

Ready to submit two claims ;

1) open 25/9/01 closed 8/3/02

charges £119-00, Interest(on statement)?? £4-57 total £123-57

plus 8%= £1-38, total £124-95 plus court cost??????

2) open 6/12/01 -on hold at present.

a)charges £ 3278-42

Daily Interest x 0.0002= 0655684 would this be b)£ 655-68p ?if so total c)£3934-10

using calc for 8% entered start date, amount= d)£1086-44

Total interest (on statements) £676-69

court cost ?????

I promise i am not being lazy, I have read procedure until blue in the face, spreadsheet cant open!!!!!! other option problems!!!!

money claim on line...problems!!!! I have filled out form to hand in at court but just need these final figures......PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

I'm not an expert at this but I'm sure I've read that you can't claim for the interest they've charged YOU, you can claim the 8% on what you're claiming, but not what they've already charged as this is interest on a debit balance which I think is legit (although £600 of interest charged to you sounds excessive!)

I had the money claim on line prob with there being too many characters, if you go to the end of each line (boring I know!) and hit delete, there's normally an extra 'glitch' space there, this can also help you get it in the line limit of 24!

Sorry can't be more help, but this may get you through a little bit until someone more in the know can assist!

To work out your interest accurately, you really need to complete the spreadsheet - are you using Excel?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

when i try to open excel it wont let me due to not enough space on 'my disc or memory' Tried office doc no joy there neither??

Can you add any light to the interest prob, what i believe is charges on authorised o/d could not be added but on unauthorised could as jumped sky high. Problem there is, sorting what can and what cant claim?.

Hi jolajo

sounds like you have a clogged up pc. try doing a disc clean up on Control Panel (My Computer) also try going to Add/Remove programmes, take off stuff you dont need esp pictures/graphics/games.

But i must say an excel spreadsheet is a small doc and there could be something else (virus? etc) that is mucking up your pc. try the simple stuff first.

As for the 8% apr, you really need the spreadsheet. cos it calculates the interest due from the day of the charge. ie a charge of £30 in 2001 is going to have more interest added to it than a charge in 2005. the spreadsheet makes it simple, borrow a friends pc if necessary!

as for other interest most people seem to not bother trying to calc it as it is difficult to do if you were overdrawn most of the time (like me!) i left it off.

i'm way behind you but have done the spreadsheet to get prepared.

just post or pm me if your still stressin!

Kate:)

• Confused 1

Originally Posted by katesage

Hi jolajo

sounds like you have a clogged up pc. try doing a disc clean up on Control Panel (My Computer) also try going to Add/Remove programmes, take off stuff you dont need esp pictures/graphics/games.

"ok shall do that"

But i must say an excel spreadsheet is a small doc and there could be something else (virus? etc) that is mucking up your pc. try the simple stuff first.

"In openoffice.org calc i have come accross a spread sheet where ABCDEetc along top, 1234etc downwards. Is this it? I presume if is i put date, charge etc in each of box's.

As for the 8% apr, you really need the spreadsheet. cos it calculates the interest due from the day of the charge. ie a charge of £30 in 2001 is going to have more interest added to it than a charge in 2005. the spreadsheet makes it simple, borrow a friends pc if necessary!

"ok, ill go library if need be,

as for other interest most people seem to not bother trying to calc it as it is difficult to do if you were overdrawn most of the time (like me!) i left it off.

i'm way behind you but have done the spreadsheet to get prepared.

just post or pm me if your still stressin!

"Cheers Kate Your Help Very Much appreciated.

I have finally managed to put charges onto a spreadsheet but am having continuous problems making calculations etc to get my final figure to submit in my claim. Any Help very much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx Karnevil,

Sorry not replied sooner ive been having help via PM/E Mail so havent been on forum for a few days. Unfortunatly my on going probs with excel restricted my claim being any further on?

bank rang today regarding being sent to recovery agency but she gave me a week to file,which i thought good of her???

take care n cheers j

Hi, don't panic i had the same problem when i filled in my form onlline. I've pased a copy of the particulars of my claim in so that so can have a look at what i wrote:

I contend that: The charges debited to my

bank account are punitive in nature; are

not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred

due to any breaches of contract; exceed any

alleged actual loss to the Defendant and

are not intended to represent or related to

any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly

enrich the Defendant which exercises the

contractual term in respect of such charges

with a view to profit. The contractual

provision that permits the Defendant to

levy such charges is unenforceable by

virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in

Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the

Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the

common law. Accordingly I claim: The return

of the amounts debited in respect of

charges in the sum of £XXX; Court costs;

and Interest under section 69 County Courts

Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from

xxx (date)to xxx (date) of £xxxx and also

interest at the same rate up to the date of

judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate

of xxp (amount in pence)

Fill in your own blanks with the xx's if you want. I took a while for me to jig things around to keep within the word limit whilst still keeping the important stuff in. Plus i noticed that every time i was happy with it extra spaces and blank lines kept appearing that was using up character space so i had to keep going back and deleting them (a glich in the system i guess)

Question 2: Go to the library section and download the excel spreadsheet. It will work it all out for you in you put in all your dates and charges

Question 3: there is no need to claim under human rights violation

Hope this helps and good luck !!

Hi again,

not going to believe this but still not sorted claim, not for WANT of trying BELIEVE ME!!

Ref to above comment? All figures on spread but what is/what do you do with this formula?? cheers

HI mate,dont worry,I couldnt download excel to my computer either..pulled my hair out in frustration..now i'm in the last days of my claim and giving advice myself:)

this is what i did!!!!!!

There is an online interest calculator on here,dead easy to use..no downloads etc

when you log on..under the banner "make a donation"...a calculator at 8%

instead of clicking on "foram"

go past homepage..to the right of the screen

down...down...

about 7 circles.... like this 0

you'll see

Online interest calculator

this is how i did all my sums:)

hope this helps

Tim

Hi Tim...

Ive just been to 8% calculator, i entered date opened account, todays date, amount of claim? It told me how many days 1863 and Interest was 1,231.97 total amount to claim £4,438.39.

Surely it isnt that easy after ive been round the world and back? I have £700+ in monthly interest alone i added up from my statements, charged to me do you no an easy way also to work out what to claim reg them?

Thanks for your help

Surely it isnt that easy

No it isn't.

You need to work out the interest for each individual charge, not the total claim amount. So on that calculator you need to input each charge and date individually to work out the interest for each individual charge.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

No im not sorted, shall i pm you or spice as state on angryprincess (is it?) posts. It may be later by time get together what need to send, obviously i dont expect a reply tonight, be it in your own time, much appreciated

Hi, think ive got it just need to total,then hopefully take down the court tomorrow as on line the court wont accept my new bank card, as it is a electron visa, i had to send my cheque guarentee back. will let you no tomorrow

thanks ~j~

• 2 weeks later...

Hi karnevil,

Sorry not been in touch sooner only with children being off....say no more!!

went court on monday last week, only they needed a very recent letter for proof from Incapacity ben,came home rang up and requested 2x copies of proof...Took a week to arrive...but...

Today thurs 3rd August they are in the post box on way to the court.......

Thanks for your patience karenevil and simplistic explanation, you managed to get through to me, after setback a couple of weeks ago i thought I could not go on.

Vampiress and katiesagie too a special thanks for your help and time, and any others that posted help on my thread.

Well all i've to do is wait in anticipation...

I wish , all my direct debits are up the wall and im worried now my new account with All + Leic will tip over funds available, starting the whole process again. I have requested a small overdraft of £100 to cover myself but no reply yet. A couple of my utility bill companies have took 'outstanding balances' out of my account unexpectedly!!!

My o/d with N/W was for £1,250-00 so its hard to adjust to nil.

Ill post as soon as hear anything, fingers crossed

~jo x~

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks