Sent LBA included od interest!!!

bubbles10

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help!!!

As per usual jumped the gun and sent first letter 12/03/07 included all the overdraft interest that is shown on statements. (just found link to spreadsheets).

14 days 26/03/07 later sent LBA...never included breakdown of charges...amount still included interest.

Next day 27/03/07 received standard reply from HSBC asking for breakdown of charges.

When I file my court claim, should I amend the amount to charges only? If so do I have to advise the bank?:???:

Thanks

You can include in your prelim and LBA interest you have already paid, the only thing is that if you have put down all the interest shown on your account, unless you overdraft was solely due to charges then you have put down too much.

But otherwise the principle is the same.

If you use one of Vampiress spreadsheets it will estimate how much interest was due to the charges.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

it's the advanced s/s you need to use if you are adding on overdraft interest. charges to the left - interest to the right - and for your balance - i just used the line immediately above the interest debit, and the column with o/d limit - ignore it unless you have an interest free overdraft (which is unusual), so, same as the left side - start with oldest first and just put them all on the s/s. the left side is a straight running total - the right side (interest debits) you may not see much happening - it will pick up some, none or all of each interest debit depending on whether your balance at the time of the debit was in plus balance or negative balance. just keep going - you'll soon come out with two totals which combined is how much you are reclaiming. then you do it again on the 8%interest tab and that gives you the amount of interest you can claim when you file. the second go -on the 8% tab gives a lovely schedule of charges - just fold back or hide the 8% interest column for use with the letters - and use it all when you file your claim.