Me vs Abbey

sarahjives

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: Hi Can anyone shed any light on this and whether I am proceeding in the right direction. Things are getting pretty daunting now - although I am adamant I'm going to see it through!!

I have been banking with Abbey for 20 years now (Gosh I'm old!) and can't believe how they treat some people.. but my story is that I have about £6600 worth of charges mainly due to a redundancy situation that turned nasty and left me penniless. But Abbey did not help at the time at all.

After contact your site, I wrote to them last year requesting the full amount with the charges as demonstrated with the worksheet (thank you) and they firstly ignored it, wrote again and they offered the OFT as a contact - ignored that and threatened court action they paid £1134 of which I did not ask for and credited this to my account. I wrote explaining that this was not a full refund and that Iwould be proceeding with court action. They then threatened to take my overdraft away (just conincided apparently - not anything to do with this they say!) So I have changed accounts and proceeded with the small claims court.

They acknowledged it, now they are defending this and have requested confirmation of these charges (I have deducted the £1134 from the amount is that right??) and I am sitting here waiting as they have til tomorrow to move to the next stage.. Which I believe is court - is this correct??

It seems that they are not budging and I am preparing myself for the actual court appearance but any help or reassurance at this stage would be fantastic please!! Is anyone else at this stage? Or has passed this point??

Hopefully I'll hear from you!

Thank you!

Hi, that all sounds par for the course. I'm guessing that you filed on MCOL (where you can't attach your schedule of charges). So even though Abbey have already got your schedule (with your previous letters I assume), they say they haven't with your court claim. Just send them the copy which matches the numbers in your N1/MCOL claim - a mixture of irony, disdain and sarcasm in your covering letter would be ideal. Then you wait for their defence - you'll get a copy from Abbey with a Without Prejudice 50% offer, and the formal version from the Court with an AQ to fill in. And while you're waiting, if you haven't already, read up on how to reject their 50% offer and about AQs, and start thinking about your Court Bundle. HTH. Regards, Mad Nick

PS Forgot your request for reassurance. I'm just ahead of you - deadline for Bundles approaching. From what I can see, Bundle = they pay up (unless there is something novel or contentious about a claim, such as charges >6 years or interest @ unauthorised overdraft rate). Hang tough - you'll get there.

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

Hi sarah,

Sounds like you're doing fine.

This is a useful link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

As the Mad one says.......hang tough and you'll get your money back:)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.