halifax credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone help me please? I have had a letter from the halifax bank and credit card re my claims and the bank one says that they will respond fully in 4 weeks and the card one says NO and that they are unable to refund the charges as they were applied to my account as per my original agreement.

If this is right then how come others seem to have got payments? And should I wait the 4 weeks for the bank to come up with the goods?

Please advise me.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Not sure if this will post in the right place if not I apologise. But have just printed off your N1 form for reference and there are 2 points I don't understand.

A) the bit under value that says interest under county court etc? What does that mean?

B)And it says attach schedule of charges? Huh!!?

I know that I am being thick but I claimed my charges based on an estimate and therefore don't have any schedule etc.!! Is it necessary? What do I do if I only have Guesstimates? And therefore only have totals?

thanks

chris

Guest louis wu

On you rprevious thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/78236-halifax-credit-card.html

you asked for help, and Michael Browne gave you the links to the FAQ's and step by step instructions

If you had read these you would have seen point 1 as

Anyway, to the point; A step-by-step indication of how to reclaim punitive charges from your bank:

(1)

If you do not know the amount the bank has taken from you, then send the Data Protection Act request letter in the library Data Protection Act REQUEST (The bank can charge a maximum £10 fee for this by law - send it to stop any delaying tactics from the banks - if they don't use it then great - if they do, then fair enough - at least you'll be getting the rest of your money back).

so, why didn't you do this.

I don't know what to advise, other than to start again and do it properly.

Sorry mate

louis

Hi

I have actually got to the bit where the bank have sent a letter in the first instance saying NO then I sent them a LBA and got a letter saying that they will offer me half of the amount so clearly it has got to the point of going down the court road. However the bank account they have said no so again I have to go down the court route! How could I go back and say well send me a breakdown of what you have charged me?

Guest louis wu

If you haven't issues the court papers then you are not commited.

How do you know you are not selling yourself short on your claim. On the other hand, hoew do you know your not over estimating, and leaving yourself open to all kinds of problems.

Its only my opinion, but I would just start again. Send the SAR's request, calculate your charges, put it on a spreadsheet and claim the correct amount, plus 8% statutry interest.

I would also read the FAQ's (sorry to go on about them, but you have no idea how important it is to know what your doing).

Louis