First Direct DPA request too good to be true?

billybig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I have recently joined the forum and have found many extremely helpful topics whilst having a look around.

I have recently decided to approach my bank, First Direct to reclaim charges I have paid over the last few years. As I don't have all my statements I sent them the recommended DPA letter requesting all information held about my account advising that copies of statements would be acceptable, but also requesting they include details of any notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention has taken place. I also asked that they confirm in writing if no manual intervention has taken place. I included with my letter a cheque for £10 to pay the DPA fees and sent it to them by recorded delivery.

Some five days later I received a letter from First Direct advising me that all the charges information I requested are contained within the statements and that they would arrange to send these to me. They also advised that information regarding manual intervention is included in my notes and they will provide copies of these.

The thing that surprised me was that they have returned my cheque advising that they are not going to charge me for my request.

Does this mean that if they don't charge me they can take longer than 40 days to respond to me? Why wouldn't they charge me when they are entitled to do so?

Sorry for such a long post!

I sent a DPA request to First Direct. They sent my cheque back and within a week, I had an extremely well packaged envelope sent SPECIAL DELIVERY. There was no confirmation on manual interventions but I can't remember if I requested (or if I would have had use for it if I had received it!!).

Of all the banks I have been dealing with, their handling of DPA requests has been second to none.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!