Additions Account

shellvnatwest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just got this month's statement and noticed I have an Additions Account with a fee of £11.50. I wasnt aware of this type of account until I watched whistleblower and it seems I have been given one of these accounts too!! As far as I am honestly aware, I have never agreed to this type of account. Does anyone know your account is changed over to one of these Addition accounts and whether I would have had to sign for it first. I've already tried to phone Barclays tonight but after waiting 20 mins on hold, I decided to post you guys. Thanks.:)

if this makes you feel better and give you a little confidence.

I visited my local branch last Thurs, moaned about having the Additions on my account.

Yesterday I was refunded IN FULL with the 12 months payments.

Just tell them you do not want it and believe it was initiated without your full consent. You were unaware of its benefits etc and have no use for it.

They will prob ask if your complaint is in connection with the Whistleblower program.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Don't you have to sign for an Additions account? I've been invited to apply on a couple of occasions, but could never see any benefit for the monthly fee!:cool:

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

Spoke to bank on Saturday, person I spoke to said I'd had the account for at least 12 months but couldnt tell me further back than that.

Went into my branch on Monday, lady I spoke to said she couldnt deal with it because it was already being dealt with by whoever I spoke to on the phone!!!!!!

Then got a letter through the post saying "sorry you felt the need to complain" blah blah blah. They were looking into it and would get back to me by 27th April!!!! Is it really going to take them this long and should I be writing to them, asking for my money back for the fees they have already charged me for an Additions Account, I didnt even know I had, and also telling them that they actually have only 14 days from the day of contact to resolve the matter. Get the feeling I am being fobbed off!!!:mad:

It would appear that Barclays don't yet have a "standard" way of dealing with this.

My sister found that she and her husband has had an Additions Plus account for some time and went in to her Branch to complain. The Personal Banker told her that she couldn't have it removed unless she agreed to remove the overdraft as well.

She rang me (I'm Barclays staff - please don't shout at me!) and I told her that friends had told me that Telephone Banking have a department (Known as "Process Experts" who are designated as the "remove additions line" at the minute. As you can imagine, since Whistleblower, they have been a little busy!.

She rang the next day and the additions account was removed immediately, the overdraft was left untouched (although they correctly explained that it would no longer be fee free) and her charges were refunded within ten days.

I hope that this will help others trying to get this sorted out.

And no, you don't have to sign anything to "upgrade" your account.

:|

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

As I understand it, the Additions account gives you a guaranteed overdraft, and a small life insurance policy, amongst other things.

Surely you'd have to sign contracts for these?!?!?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

Oneofakind

No, you do not have to sign for an Additions Account. It is often sold over the telephone, and some customers can upgrade on Online Banking too. Over the 'phone it requires the advisor to simply "upgrade" the account and tick boxes on a screen to state that they have given the relevant advice and advised them of the the benefits that they can choose to get from having this account.

It is then up to the customer to "sign up" to any of the benefits that they wish to.

Of course things like the pet insurance, the Will writing service, the critical illness cover etc (Please bear in mind that these benefits may not still be part of the Additions Package anymore, it's been a while since I dealt with one!) require the customer to fill in forms and sign, but to simply upgrade an ordinary BBA (Barclays Bank Account) to an Additions or Additions Plus Account does NOT require a signature.

This may well change given the amount of customers now telling the bank that they were mis-sold Additions, obviously.;)

On the subject of the overdraft, yes, the Additions account gives you a guaranteed overdraft, but you do NOT have to sign for that either.

As you wouldn't have to sign if you ring Telephone Banking and ask to add an overdraft to your ordinary BBA.

They have an obligation to send you certain paperwork, but a signature is NOT required.

:(

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2010 Issues

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

Hi - I received the same letter from Barclays re: additions. Mine stemmed from a call I made to them last week inviting them to settle my charges claim before I took em to Court (they didn't) - anyhow while on the phone mentioned Additions that had been on our account since 1999. He immediately offered me 6mths refund - I said no - he said he would put it thru as a complaint and gave me a ref no: hence the letter. In my letter they said they would respond by 27 April also. Lets wait and see.

The Personal Banker told her that she couldn't have it removed unless she agreed to remove the overdraft as well.

This is rubbish!, who ever told you this was talking through their ahhhh....

I complained about my additions facility which had a £1640 O/D limit,

They removed the additions facility and changed it to a std current account, The O/D was still in place.

AND,,AND,

i got refunded 12 months monthly payments

So go back and call their bluff,

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

dar3n - Yes, I know it's rubbish, that's why I told my sister to ring the "remove additions" lot at the Telephone Banking call centre.

She took the Personal Banker's name and has now made a formal complaint on the basis that what she was told was tantamount to blackmail to keep the unwanted upgrade.

My sis has already called their bluff, got the Additions removed, kept the overdraft and got her charges refunded.

I would recommend that everyone who has an unwanted Additions upgrade on their Barclays Bank Account to telephone 08457 555 555 or the Telephone Banking number, if you have registered, 08457 345345 and make it clear that you wish to be put through to the department that is dealing with Additions removal.

:D

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2010 Issues

Well, all this has had me checking my statements once again. Seems additions has passed me by....

Shame....NOT !!

D.:(