Woolfie v's Courtlink

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received letter today from Courtlink (UK) Ltd. demanding payment of £118.28 for Bennettts Motorbike Insurance. I cancelled my policy with them and am not at all happy with the cancellation fee they are demanding. I have had various letters and phonecalls from a DCA called Carrs and the debt has now been handed to Courlink. The letter reads as follows:-

COURT ACTION (in red at the top of letter)

Dear Mr Woolfie

We have been advised by C.A.R.S. to consider Legal procedings against you through the county court, as you have chosen yo ignore previous attempts to settle this long overdue account.

PLEASE NOTE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING THIS NOTICE

A County Court Claim may be issued against you and with a request for full payment plus legal costs. Once Judgement is obtained and the debt remains unpaid your details will be recorded on the Register of County Court Judgements.

THIS COULD AFFECT YOUR CREDIT RATING FOR UP TO SIX YEARS.

The Judgement will enable enforcement action to proceed with options such as:-

Attachment of earnings

Oral examination in Court Chambers with an assessment of personal assets

A charge being placed on your property

Baliff instructed to attend your premises

To avoid this course of action, we urgently recommend you forward the balance outstanding to the below address, quoting your reference number at all times. To make payment by credit/debit card or to discuss repayment options pleas contact us on xxxx xxxxxxx

Yours

Blah blah

Anyone got any thoughts or advice Please

W

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Received letter today from Courtlink (UK) Ltd. demanding payment of £118.28 for Bennettts Motorbike Insurance. I cancelled my policy with them and am not at all happy with the cancellation fee they are demanding. I have had various letters and phonecalls from a DCA called Carrs and the debt has now been handed to Courlink. The letter reads as follows:-

COURT ACTION (in red at the top of letter)

Dear Mr Woolfie

We have been advised by C.A.R.S. to consider Legal procedings against you through the county court, as you have chosen yo ignore previous attempts to settle this long overdue account.

PLEASE NOTE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING THIS NOTICE

A County Court Claim may be

Anyone got any thoughts or advice Please

W

I think the keywords here are 'MAY BE' This i a very standard letter which looks very much like another DCA's letter.. Interesting if you search here >> http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/DoSearch.asp as I'm not convinced this company are registered to do anything with your Data per say... Someone who knows more about Insurance companies, and the way insurance debts might work, should be a long soon..

Just hate every DCA out there

Anyone got any thoughts?

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

just leaving work so cant do it myself, but did anyone search this company?

If they are not registered, they cant do anything is that correct?

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

I did a search and they are registered.

any other thoughts

• 1 year later...

Hi Woolfie, I know your post is quite old, but I have just recently had the exact same letter in relation to bennetts motorcycle insurance demanding £58.01. I took out insurance for my 1982 Vespa, it inevetibly failed its MOT, I took it off the road and cancelled my insurance by means of cancelling the direct debit with my bank (foolish, I know with hindsight). Now, I should say, I made just one monthly payment and never returned the paperwork from bennetts, where it lays out in the T&C that there would be a £20 direct debit cancellation fee, and a £30 cancellation fee. Technically, Im sure I havent agreed to these T&C, because I never signed and returned the forms, so Im hoping there is no legal basis on which they can take me to court. I basicaly tod them I am prepared to pay the £8.01 for an extra month of insurance, but have never agreed to pay any cancellation fees or charges, and so I wont. Like I say, your post is over a year old now - How did it turn out for you in the end?

If it were me I would send them a "prove it" letter.....but someone far more knowledgeable than me will be along shortly to advise! :)

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.