Help me threaten them!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently re-mortgaging, I have a Mortgage and a secured loan.

I have given my Mortgage company 1 month notice that the account was to be closed on the 1st April, otherwise I would have gotten a one month interest charge for lack of notice. However if my remortgage does not go ahead at this time I lose this charge.

My secured Loan company had to send me a letter stating my account was up to date and had never had a late payment, this was required for my remortgage application to progress to offer.

I asked for the letter 4 weeks ago and FINALLY got it on the 24th after much chasing of it, however I have now been told by my remortgage advisor that the letter they sent was inadequate as it did not state all payments were made on time.

I have just requested a new letter from them which I am chasing up tommorow to ensure it is on its way, what I wanted was a few threats I can throw their way on the phone.

For example do I have any chance of claiming my months penalty interest off them as it is their fault my application is delayed by three weeks?

Who do they answer to, if I wanted to complain about the company to a financial watchdog type company what name will make them quake in their boots?

It should not take them four weeks to send out a letter!!! I need ammunition to put this point across to them, please help.

I'm fairly sure that it won't be deemed their fault as all they will say is that it takes time etc and you should have prepared all this well in advance.

Also going about 'threatening' people is not the best way to get a good result.

Oh I agree it takes time, however lets see how long it takes shall we.

"I can confirm that this account is up to date and that all payments have been made on time."

I make that 20 seconds to type out the bulk of the letter, add on 10 minutes to include an address and signature, print it out and stick in an envelope. Then 1 minute to stick in in the office outgoing mail pile, finally 3 days for it to travel through the post. I make that 3 days 11 minutes and 20 seconds, NOT 3 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS.

I had this all prepared 'in advance' yet did not factor into account how this simple letter would take the same time as a round the world trip. Waiting for one letter has added 3 weeks to the whole process making me miss my notice period, what else do you suggest I should have done Blacksheep?

Now they were well aware as to why I needed the letter when I needed it for and what it needed to say.

By the way the sort of threats I wanted were ones I am fully legally entitled to make but don't have the knowledge to compose, I assumed this forum to be one to help not receive unhelpful comments.

I merely want them to assume I know of what I speak and therefore cannot be fobbed off.

Oh I agree it takes time, however lets see how long it takes shall we.

"I can confirm that this account is up to date and that all payments have been made on time."

I make that 20 seconds to type out the bulk of the letter, add on 10 minutes to include an address and signature, print it out and stick in an envelope. Then 1 minute to stick in in the office outgoing mail pile, finally 3 days for it to travel through the post. I make that 3 days 11 minutes and 20 seconds, NOT 3 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS.

Yes and you are their only client aren't you?

the only course of action you have is certainly not to be threatening, if it was me i would be asking very very very nicely if there was any way that they could process your request as quickly as possible and suggest you offer to make a small payment due to the urgency of your request. being unreasonable will get you nowhere.

Yes and you are their only client aren't you?

Condidering I was originally told 4 working day turnaround for the letter then I don't think I am being unreasonable complaining that they took an extra 3 weeks to do it. Due to this company being incompetent I am out of pocket several hundred pound.

Why the hostility towards me being annoyed???

the only course of action you have is certainly not to be threatening, if it was me i would be asking very very very nicely if there was any way that they could process your request as quickly as possible and suggest you offer to make a small payment due to the urgency of your request. being unreasonable will get you nowhere.

They are at fault, they have put me out of pocket by taking too long, I certainly don't want to line their pockets with any more of my hard earned cash.

A threat I can legally back up is the only course of action I ever seem to get any luck with when faced by incompetents of this scale.

Condidering I was originally told 4 working day turnaround for the letter then I don't think I am being unreasonable complaining that they took an extra 3 weeks to do it. Due to this company being incompetent I am out of pocket several hundred pound.

Why the hostility towards me being annoyed???

If you were originally told that it would take 4 working days to get the letter to you, why did you not chase them after a week rather than leaving it for so long?

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

If you were originally told that it would take 4 working days to get the letter to you, why did you not chase them after a week rather than leaving it for so long?

I chased them every other day after about a week, no luck, then moved onto daily calls after two weeks passed, I just kept getting fobbed off.

I would be told either, its in the post, its been sent to another department, or the new excuse that seems to crop up these days...I'll email the person who deals with this and get them to deal with it ASAP.